PDA

View Full Version : Fuel pump mounting ring?

newmexicosaint
08-16-2015, 03:45 AM
Gentlemen,

I am in process of building a tank for my 86 C10 that i am swapping a 6.0 LS into. I want to use a gm canister style pump with the bucket and need a buying source for the GM mounting ring to weld into the stainless tank. Vaporworx has the "retroworx" kit that would be great to use and I am interested in seeing/talking about what vaporworx (or any other supplier) has to help me get this done. I have used Carls Vaporworx tank in my camaro and love it but a few things are hindering my use of Carls tank system.

1. Price. I am doing this on a budget and I cannot drop $1500+ on a tank. I am building my own tank...
2. Timeline. I obviously want to move forward as fast as possible and don't want to wait on a tank to be made somewhere else (waited a couple of months on the camaro tank).
3. On Vaporworx website the contact us button doesn't work...can't call for tech advise or possible parts availability to accommodate my fuel delivery needs.

I am open to suggestions and links are always helpful LOL :headbang: Thanks.

dhutton
08-16-2015, 04:37 AM
Send Carl a PM. Username CarlC. He is very helpful.

Don

newmexicosaint
08-16-2015, 01:59 PM
Will do, thanks

Ollie8974
08-17-2015, 05:07 AM
The Vetteworks offers two adapter ring versions.
scroll down near the bottom of the page.
http://www.vetteworksonline.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=9_68

CarlC
08-17-2015, 11:23 PM
Some folks have hit-and-miss issues with the Contact Us button. It should automatically open your email and populate the address: [email protected]

The Vetteworks parts look quite similar to my original design. However, the VaporWorx RetroWorx kit is more complete, uses a real GM locking ring (still overall less costly) that holds in seven positions, and is less costly.

Thanks for the order Gene!