PDA

View Full Version : Pro-touring virgin

pittpens24
08-14-2015, 09:15 AM
Hey all,

This is my first time here. I have a 68 RS/SS Camaro that I bought when I was 15 so I had time to get her road worthy by the time I got my license. Was a 355 - 450hp, muncie m-22 4 speed trans and 12 posi 4:10 that ran a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile. I say was as I got roofied at a bar and wrecked my car one night. That was 17 years ago almost to the day! I finally have some money saved and decided that she needs to be back in my life again as a weekend driver, pro-touring, asphalt eating, lightning quick she devil. Right now it is up on jackstands - just an empty shell from the firewall back. Just put in a new one piece floor. Have a new trunk pan as the next step in the process. Classic industries is delivering my new full 1/4's, doors, rear deck upper panel and tailpiece on Monday :) - Merry xmas in August to me lol. Purchased a new front and rear pro-touring chassis set-up from Martz chassis as well as a new moser dare I say Ford 9" with 4:11 gears. All the chassis parts are epoxy primed and shot with Eastwoods new Ceramic Chassis paint. Sold my 12 bolt as I wanted to upgrade for the new motor that will eventually be built. Looking to build a blown 454 with an 871 and twin carb set-up followed by a T-56 Magnum 6 speed. I am not a body guy or mechanic but have dabbled a bit. I am a certified welder so that should help a bit ;). Looking to do as much as I can with help from all you guys here and over at the team camaro forum.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

protouryacht
08-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Welcome Greg.

trevor572
08-15-2015, 02:44 AM
Hey all,

This is my first time here. I have a 68 RS/SS Camaro that I bought when I was 15 so I had time to get her road worthy by the time I got my license. Was a 355 - 450hp, muncie m-22 4 speed trans and 12 posi 4:10 that ran a 12.4 in the 1/4 mile. I say was as I got roofied at a bar and wrecked my car one night. That was 17 years ago almost to the day! I finally have some money saved and decided that she needs to be back in my life again as a weekend driver, pro-touring, asphalt eating, lightning quick she devil. Right now it is up on jackstands - just an empty shell from the firewall back. Just put in a new one piece floor. Have a new trunk pan as the next step in the process. Classic industries is delivering my new full 1/4's, doors, rear deck upper panel and tailpiece on Monday :) - Merry xmas in August to me lol. Purchased a new front and rear pro-touring chassis set-up from Martz chassis as well as a new moser dare I say Ford 9" with 4:11 gears. All the chassis parts are epoxy primed and shot with Eastwoods new Ceramic Chassis paint. Sold my 12 bolt as I wanted to upgrade for the new motor that will eventually be built. Looking to build a blown 454 with an 871 and twin carb set-up followed by a T-56 Magnum 6 speed. I am not a body guy or mechanic but have dabbled a bit. I am a certified welder so that should help a bit ;). Looking to do as much as I can with help from all you guys here and over at the team camaro forum.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

Hi, Sounds like an awesome project mate. Should be a sweet thing when your finished. Looking forward to seeing some pictures as you progress. Cheers and the best of luck. Trevor

pittpens24
08-18-2015, 02:06 AM
thx guys :)

Aficionado
08-18-2015, 05:54 PM
Welcome!!