PDA

View Full Version : New guy...With a chevelle

Jerems
08-09-2015, 05:58 AM
Hi Guys,

Been lurking around the forums for a long time but since I started my project, thought it would be a good idea to finally post something haha.

I've started getting a 66 chevelle built, will be a daily driver with some pro-touring flare. Will be a long time till it's finished but looking forward to it.

What it looks like now:
https://www.pro-touring.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=115885&stc=1

The Plan when finished:
https://www.pro-touring.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=115886&stc=1

Look forward to contributing to the forums.

Jeremy

Typhoon1015
08-09-2015, 06:13 AM
It looks like a fun project, what are all the plans for it so far? I like the copper color!

all4sho
08-09-2015, 08:29 AM
i like the plan, looks alot like my plan.........one day!!

cactuss4
08-09-2015, 10:18 AM
Very nice, I've been debating whether to remove the lower trim, as i'm undecided on whether I prefer it or prefer with out like your rendering.

the black trim/trim seems to compress the body height a bit, where ass having it removed makes the body taller. I'm torn. I'm also wondering if I should keep my chrome work up front or black out the surrounds as well.

Welcome btw!

raustinss
08-09-2015, 04:14 PM
YEAH ! more chevelle friends ...i love chevelle friends

TheJDMan
08-09-2015, 04:32 PM
Welcome, I like your plan!

minendrews68
08-09-2015, 06:22 PM
Like where your headed. You're going to like it here. I'm into year 8 on my project so hang in there..

BMR Sales
08-10-2015, 06:10 AM
Welcome!

Jerems
08-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Thanks for the kind words guys!

It looks like a fun project, what are all the plans for it so far? I like the copper color!

My plan is a Turn Key LS3 ~600 HP with T56 Magnum, aftermarket chassis, no chrome build (as you can see from the render)

Very nice, I've been debating whether to remove the lower trim, as i'm undecided on whether I prefer it or prefer with out like your rendering.

the black trim/trim seems to compress the body height a bit, where ass having it removed makes the body taller. I'm torn. I'm also wondering if I should keep my chrome work up front or black out the surrounds as well.

Welcome btw!
Thanks! I decided to go full blacked out on all trim, no chrome/polished anywhere...just my personal preference but I've seen a bunch of builds that mix the chrome with some powder coating and it looks sharp!

YEAH ! more chevelle friends ...i love chevelle friends

I see your from Kitchener, I grew up in Cambridge, ON, Chevelles have always been my favourite especially pre-68.

Like where your headed. You're going to like it here. I'm into year 8 on my project so hang in there..

Thanks, yah due to my work and schedule (and skills! haha) I'm having Allison Customs build the car for me.

Barrrf
08-10-2015, 06:14 AM
Welcome to the group of "slow builders"! Glad there are more of us to grow old together!