PDA

View Full Version : 2001 Monte Tube chassis and full cage build

Cracked Heads
07-20-2015, 08:41 AM
I'm going to be using my 01 Monte Carlo as a base for a pro-touring type of build to keep it along the lines of the budget I want to stay around and put an ls2 or ls3 engine in it with a T-56 and 3.73 locker gears in the rear as well as some custom suspension that still has to be decided on but I feel like my room and my garage will be filled with parts starting soon and I will still be driving the car as I go until the chassis and fire wall is done on the bare chassis and that has suspension, steering, and tires on it then I will take the Monte apart and cut out the floors and firewall to put it on top of everything because the underside of the car is getting rusty and I can't safely jack it up right now as it is with a floor jack :banghead: (gotta love how Wisconsin treats my cars)

final product will be an 01 Monte with the pace car style paint on it with my factory victory red and black checkers on the side because the silver is overrated and maybe give it some different rims just for at the track and get some wider stock style rims for regular street driving but those are yet to be decided once I find myself someone who can do a decent rendering

any and all advice when I'm doing the work is appreciated as I'm not afraid to listen when it comes to getting good front and rear brakes and suspension to fit and what kind to go with