PDA

View Full Version : Which Radiator Hoses?

67 meangreen stang
10-22-2005, 12:10 PM
I was just wanting to know what radiator hoses you guys recommend. I have a 351C & am replacing the whole cooling system. The only things I have left to purchase are the hoses/clamps. I can't go stock b/c the 67 didn't come with a cleveland & have an aftermarket radiator. I have been looking at the stainless steel flex type hoses--any opinions on those?

yody
10-22-2005, 01:34 PM
I like gates hoses, a good new rubber hose and a nice stainless clamp always looks real good in my book, just put the clamp outboard with just a small part of the rubber sticking past it and hide the bolt underneath

rocketrod
10-22-2005, 02:14 PM
I like gates hoses, a good new rubber hose and a nice stainless clamp always looks real good in my book, just put the clamp outboard with just a small part of the rubber sticking past it and hide the bolt underneath
I agree. You can eliminate the clamps w/ a product from Gates called "Powergrip". It is a heatshrink type clamp, a 1.5" band cost about $6 each and are not reusable. See link below for more info/pic.

https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8153

Camaro_Dan
11-05-2005, 05:46 PM
I say you go and buy yourself a AN-20 hose and hose fittings like they use in nascar. That is what I'm doing anyway. It really looks nice