PDA

View Full Version : 51 Chevy and 56 F100/Vette

Matman3
06-19-2015, 04:09 AM
This thing started life as a '56 but has evolved into a Pro-touring beast. Inspired by PCH and their C10R this customer is going crazy. A 2001 Corvette is under the sheet metal. Other than a custom air ride system, the Vette is stock for now. The sheetmetal is far from stock as you can see. Bed is hand built with the exception of the fenders which are widended 9 inches. Body has been channeled almost 6 inches. Running boards are hand built as well.

Second project here. Awaiting delivery of the Craftsman truck but this one will be sweet. LS powered, street driven beast. It will have inspirations from the Porsche LMP car (shaping and flow of the front fender/running board/rear fender combo and TA2 race cars (half doors which will be hinged at the top) with a heavy dose of Nascar of course. Updates will follow!

Matman3
06-19-2015, 04:11 AM
Anyone know why two pics posted? What did I do wrong?

bovey
06-19-2015, 04:39 AM
Next time. Look at the bottom of your working post prior to making it live. The images attachment tags will be in your post, HOWEVER you may see images in "Attached Images" delete them to avoid the double post. Basically, you have imbedded the photos in the body of you post AND attached the photos, hence a the double image post. Hopefully, I've explained this clearly.

Matman3
06-19-2015, 07:19 AM
Thanks bovey! Your explanation was perfect. I went in and fixed my mistake.

Dr G
06-19-2015, 10:31 AM
Interesting projects. Please do keep us posted with progress pics.

Matman3
06-22-2015, 05:18 AM
Quite a bit of progress on the '56 but most is just welding reinforcements and such. Nothing exciting.

The '51 is about to be chopped. 6 1/2"! Customer came by last night for the authorization and payment. Craftsman truck should be here tomorrow. I'll take more pics asap.

Matman3
06-24-2015, 03:24 AM
Starting to get the body dialed in but far from done. Epoxy was applied last night to prevent further rust. I'm originally from California. Leave the bare metal for a week or so while you complete any body work and all is good. I'm now in Charlotte and things are very different. You touch a bare panel and the following day you will have surface rust shaped like a finger print. Leave a panel untouched and within a few days it will have a nice petina. Being a transplant to the south, it is very frustrating but it is what it is.

I still have quite a bit to do and it is only roughed out but it's getting there. I was reading Grassroots Motorsports and came across a great quote that all of us gearheads know as gospel. The last 20% takes up 80% of the time.

Dr G
06-24-2015, 09:28 AM
I still have quite a bit to do and it is only roughed out but it's getting there. I was reading Grassroots Motorsports and came across a great quote that all of us gearheads know as gospel. The last 20% takes up 80% of the time.What is up with that "Steampunk" plumbing up front?

Matman3
06-24-2015, 10:03 AM
We're trying for an old school look with a modern design. It's actually for the handmade air ride suspension.