PDA

View Full Version : Missing body plug

gtotto
06-11-2015, 08:57 AM
Hey guys,

I went to pick up my 65 GTO from a shop and after they washed the car I noticed water on the passengers floor. Looking more closely, I found a body plug missing. The hole is under the cowl screen near the passengers side wiper. It must not have been replaced after paint. I need to remove my wipers and the cowl screen to replace the plug. Is there another plug hole on the drivers side (or anywhere else) as well? I looked as best I could but the wiper motor and transmission are in the way. The car is all black which makes it even more difficult to see under the cowl screen. I obviously want to take care of this issue one time and not go back to find any hidden drain holes.

Thanks
Ken

dhutton
06-12-2015, 10:21 AM
I am not sure that hole is factory. At least I don't recall anything like that on my 64 GTO. Was this a factory air car?

Don

gtotto
06-13-2015, 05:12 PM
I am not sure that hole is factory. At least I don't recall anything like that on my 64 GTO. Was this a factory air car?

Don

Yes factory air car. My buddy's 67 Chevelle has the same hole (not sure if his was a factory A/C car).
Looked at his and could only find the one hole as well.