PDA

View Full Version : newbie from Kansas 1967 Buick

Matthewjhigg
05-31-2015, 07:56 PM
I have had a 1967 buick skylark 2 door
hardtop since 2000. It was my daily driver in high school and most of college. It has been sitting since 2008 with a locked up engine. I am starting to get the car going again.
I am in the process of getting it running and stoping. I bought a rebuilt 1970 Buick 350sp engine to put in the car it has 340hp and 420 torque on the engine. I am adding a ta performance intake and carb. I have dreams of a turbo in the future.
I want to get car handling and stoping better and maybe lower the stance 2 inches. I am purchasing 18 or 20" wheels.

TheJDMan
06-01-2015, 08:51 AM
Welcome,
I'm a Kansas native born and raised in Hutchinson currently living in Virginia. What part of the state are you located in? As for the car it certainly will be unique. IMO, 18" wheels would look better on that car than anything bigger. I'm not sure if that Skylark suspension is the same as the Chevelle but there are a number of supporting vendor companies here on PT.com offering Chevelle suspension upgrades. I would recommend you spend some time reading the project update section and also visit the sponsoring vendor's web pages to research what your options are. You budget will also have a big impact on your project.

BMR Sales
06-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Welcome!

Matthewjhigg
06-09-2015, 08:04 AM
Thanks Steve.

I am in mound city Kansas. I did some research on wheels and I purchased 20s for the rear and 18s up front. It will have a little bit rake. The shop I bought them from had a 66 skylark so he profit them for me. I went with a boss wheel. I would love to go air ride or coil over suspension. The motor and tranny are getting put in this week.

Tom Welch
06-09-2015, 01:24 PM
Cool car. Nice to see builds like this that aren't Camaros or Chevelles. Say, there was a really neat car musem in Hays Kansas about 30 yrs ago, do you know if it still exists by chance? they had some awesome mopars.