PDA

View Full Version : intercooler design ?'s

62fairlane
10-19-2005, 07:04 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v701/purf_man/turboswap/intercooler.jpg

this is what I am thinking of an intercooler setup in my car. I have one saab 900 core sitting here (cut/pryed the plastic tanks off tonight) and am getting an all AL one later this week from a buddy. these cores with the outlets off the AL tanks will give me the hard parts and just will need to pick up some flat stock for the rest. the middle "tank" is like that to clear the grill, headerpanel, stone deflector support bar (also hood saftey catch) in that drawing it is 1.75" thick on the inside. the cores measure 2.5" x 8.75" on the ends and are 8" long each. so what do the hardcore experts think? (btw I will have under $100 in the whole intercooler)

the tanks will be a little more conducive to flow and the whole unit a little wider but I just cranked this out in a a few minutes to get the size and shape down a little better.

Chrisbequick
10-19-2005, 05:02 PM
What's your question specifically? If it relates to the intercooler capacity then how much air are you trying to push through this thing?

-Chris

62fairlane
10-19-2005, 06:14 PM
well just does my layout look ok? I am only looking to flow maybe 300 hp worth of air through that thing (on my inline six) on another forum there is a little discussion over if they shoudl be series like that or put into one large wide core.