PDA

View Full Version : Newbie from the Midwest

Stumann
05-09-2015, 10:21 AM
Hello, I joined with the hopes of exchanging information and knowledge about performance cars. I've been building cars for many years, but mostly older hot rods and muscle cars, even a Pro-Street car. I'm branching into the pro-touring idea, I never had a car that could handle like a slot car and would like to try to build one. I have a 78 T/A that I've put in a killer motor, a 455 with over 500hp, 560ft lbs of torque. I mated it to a 6 speed. I have speed, now I need it to handle good. I'm sure this group will be a source of good information.

eric1967
05-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Where are you from? Welcome

Stumann
05-09-2015, 08:10 PM
Hillsboro, Mo.

tonykim
05-10-2015, 06:17 AM
welcome to the forum. I'm sure you'll find lots of good ideas here, mild to wild. I have a 78 Firebird and after researching quite a bit I am doing Detroit Speed 3" lowering rear springs and eventually QA1 coil overs on the front. Currently I have really old vette products front coils, front and rear sway bars, and custom made 3/4" drop rear springs. you also can find lots of info here on tire/wheel combinations and sizing. If you want to go really big on the rear Detroit Speed also sells a kit for mini tubs. On my car I currently have 17x9.5 rear MB Old Schools with 275/40-17s and have enough room to go to at least 295s without any mods. A lot of people like the Hotchkis stuff also. Hope this gives you a good start.