PDA

View Full Version : Are you driver enough contest!

Larry Callahan
05-06-2015, 06:58 PM
https://static1.pt-content.com/newsletter/ayde/ayde-flyer02.jpg

Pro-Touring.com and BFGoodrich are proud to announce a new contest
where you can win $500 just for sending Pro-Touring.com a video!

That's right! Each month one lucky person will win $500 from Pro-Touring.com to spend with any single advertiser on Pro-Touring.com!

All you need to do is shoot a 3-5 minute video telling us a little about yourself, show us your ride and how you enjoy it.

Do you like cruising? What about autocross or taking your vehicle out on a road course? However you enjoy your Pro-Touring ride show us how you use it and prove that you "Are Driver Enough."

When your video is ready, upload it to the link below. We will then review and release it on YouTube, our Facebook page and here on Pro-Touring.com

Once a month we will feature all the videos submitted since the last contest and ask the members of Pro-Touring.com to vote on their favorite video. If you win, Pro-Touring.com will send $500 on your behalf to any single advertiser on Pro-Touring.com that you choose.

Bonus: If you don't win during your first video submission, you still have another chance! One final contest will be held at the end of the contest series. All videos submissions that did not win throughout the year will be featured in our final contest. Pro-Touring.com members will have a chance to view previous video submission and vote for their favorite. The year-end winner will receive $500 on their behalf to any single advertiser on Pro-Touring.com.

Please be aware that the voting does not work on a mobile device.

Now, it's time for some of the legal mumbo jumbo and rules:

Videos showing illegal or dangerous activities will be denied entry into the contest and deleted.

The video must be original (repurposed videos will be disqualified from contest). Video content that has already been made public (i.e. an autocross run you posted on YouTube) can be used in the making of a new video for this contest. The video must be sent to Pro-touring.com, which we will release to the public after approving it and adding an intro. Once we upload your video, you may share the video or link.

All voting will take place on Pro-Touring.com. Only people that were member of Pro-Touring.com prior to June 01 2015 are eligible to vote.

One video entry per vehicle per contest.

You can only win once.

In case of a tie the person who submitted their video first will be declared the winner.

Pro-Touring.com reserves the right to end the contest at any time.

Prizes are non transferable

The winner must decide what advertiser to send $500 to within 90 days of the winner announcement.

Indemnification and limitation of liability
By entering the contest, each entrant agrees to indemnify, release and hold harmless sponsor and its parent, affiliate and subsidiary companies, the pro-touring.com platform, administrator, advertising and promotional agencies, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents from any liability, damages, losses or injury resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from that entrant’s participation in the contest and the acceptance, use or misuse of any prize that may be won. Sponsor and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents disclaim any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from access to or the download of information or materials connected with the contest.

Publicity
By participating, each entrant grants Sponsor permission to use his/her name, likeness or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law.

Contestants agree that the sole and final judgment as to all matters concerning contests and interpretation of contest rules are at the sole discretion of Pro-Touring.com, its owner, and its staff.

First and foremost please keep in mind this is all about having some fun.

Be safe, have fun and follow the link below to submit your video from a desktop computer. As of now it will not work from a mobile device.

http://contest.pro-touring.com/

Trackside-Brandy
06-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Further Details Regarding Are You Driver Enough Presented by BFGoodrich:

As soon as we finalize the video submission software video entries can be submitted until JULY 8th, 2015.

Voting for Are You Driver Enough July Contest Begins:
July 9th - July 15th, 2015
(Voting open for 1 Week)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2015/06/Are20you20driver20enough20voter20deadlin-1.jpg

***Voters must be Pro-Touring.com Member BY JULY 1ST, 2015 (Wednesday)***

Winner will be announced July 16th, 2015 (Thursday)

August Are You Driver Enough Contest OPENS for Video Submissions:
July 16th - August 5th, 2015
(Open to NEW VEHICLE ENTRIES ONLY)

Project92rs
06-23-2015, 03:55 PM
One question: It says "The video must be original and never uploaded to the internet prior to this contest (repurposed videos will be disqualified from contest)."

Does this mean we can't splice in footage already posted along with original content to make a new video? IE: 30 seconds of autocross run from GoodGuys followed by 30 seconds of new video describing the car. The finished video would be a new creation using some clips already posted plus new video.

minendrews68
06-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Wow, this is pretty cool!

Trackside-Brandy
06-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Tom,

Repurposing previous footage is perfectly fine. We are just trying to prevent people from posting videos that have already been published. For example Big Muscle did a video on my truck back in March. We wouldn't want that video to be submitted to this contest 1. Because it wasn't a video I had put together 2. It had already been featured on another site building views and likes. If you have video footage shot by you or others (even if that video footage is already online) you can still use it to create a new video to submit to this contest. Let me know if you have any other questions.

One question: It says "The video must be original and never uploaded to the internet prior to this contest (repurposed videos will be disqualified from contest)."

Does this mean we can't splice in footage already posted along with original content to make a new video? IE: 30 seconds of autocross run from GoodGuys followed by 30 seconds of new video describing the car. The finished video would be a new creation using some clips already posted plus new video.

BMR Sales
06-24-2015, 07:42 AM
Great Idea Brandy!

CampbellshotrodsAZ
06-24-2015, 07:52 AM
Sounds cool! I'll try and do a "current build" video as I see you have listed in a few months when my Firebird starts getting color, and coming together.

TheJDMan
06-24-2015, 02:40 PM
"One video entry per vehicle per contest."

Just to clarify, what constitutes a "contest"? Is a new contest held each month, or is this one contest running over a number of months?

Hondo78
06-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Great idea! I'm in!

CamaroMike
06-25-2015, 06:05 AM
This is going to be fun, great idea guys!

Ben@SpeedTech
06-25-2015, 10:28 AM
This is going to be fun, great idea guys!

X2 :woot:

Can't wait to see the vids. Are we going to try to run this through the rest of the year?

Hoping fun/ interesting content weighs more than professional filming and effects, I'm no Steven Spielberg behind the camara but I'm game to submit something.

72BBSwinger
06-25-2015, 02:01 PM
Man I could really use some tire money.

Trackside-Brandy
06-25-2015, 03:36 PM
Steve,

A new contest will be held each month. The first contest is currently open and will close July 6th. Voting opens July 7th and lasts for 7 days. Remember, only Pro-Touring.com member can vote. Once that contest is done, a new contest begins July 16th (with the voting and results held in August). This process will continue on throughout December. There will be 7 winners within 2015 (6 contest and one final deal that includes all the non-winning videos at the end of the year). I should have a calendar up in the next week with the dates for each contest so people can plan when to submit videos.

"One video entry per vehicle per contest."

Just to clarify, what constitutes a "contest"? Is a new contest held each month, or is this one contest running over a number of months?

Trackside-Brandy
06-25-2015, 03:38 PM
I was worried about "pro video" content being used as well, but I got to thinking and since only pro.touring.com members are allowed to vote, I think it won't be as much of a popularity contest as something that was open to anyone on facebook or social media. I think those who have a better story might actually do better in the contest (or at least those who tell the story better haha). GOOD LUCK!

X2 :woot:

Can't wait to see the vids. Are we going to try to run this through the rest of the year?

Hoping fun/ interesting content weighs more than professional filming and effects, I'm no Steven Spielberg behind the camara but I'm game to submit something.

TheJDMan
06-25-2015, 05:02 PM
So does a new video have to be submitted each month, or the same video resubmitted? I know it said there would be a final contest for videos that had not won but that could potentially be a LOT of videos.

T_Raven
06-28-2015, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a great idea. I'll definitely send in a vid later on

Trackside-Brandy
06-29-2015, 08:28 AM
Only one video per vehicle can be submitted once in 2015. Once you have submitted your video for that vehicle you are not able to submit another video on a different month about the same vehicle during the 2015 contest. If you have two vehicles you wish to do videos on, you can submit one video one month and the other another month, or both in the same month. It is up to you to choose which month to submit your video. Some months may have less video submissions while others might have quite a few.

So does a new video have to be submitted each month, or the same video resubmitted? I know it said there would be a final contest for videos that had not won but that could potentially be a LOT of videos.

Trackside-Brandy
06-29-2015, 08:34 AM
The link to upload videos is now working on the original post. Unfortunately, the ability to upload videos via your phone or tablet is not available at this time. A computer must be used to upload your video. Here is the link once again for those looking to enter the July BFGoodrich Are You Driver Enough Video Contest.

Remember videos can be submitted through July 8th.
The official voting period begins July 9th-15th.

http://contest.pro-touring.com/

Trackside-Brandy
07-27-2015, 08:13 AM
Do you have what it takes to prove You Are Driver Enough?
Want to win $500 towards a Pro-Touring.com Sponsor to the right of this page?

Round 2 Are You Drive Enough Contest presented by BFGoodrich
is currently open for new video submissions through
August 5th, 2015

Here's last months winner
Tom Kamman
in case you need any inspiration:

ilsjJ7KrK_Q