PDA

View Full Version : Wilwood tech support

Johnnybravo59
05-05-2015, 04:48 AM
I have been building my '68 camaro over the last few years as a protouring car and finally got to upgrade my brakes from the factory front disc/rear drums. My obvious choice was wilwoods based on their reputation (and they look phenomenal). Unfortunately after 5 weeks of waiting for my front disc brakes, and wilwood telling me that they may ship the next day for 2 weeks straight, I cancelled my order for the front brakes.

i also spoke to their tech support to choose the correct master cylinder for my setup and was told to use their 15/16" master cylinder without a booster for my 95% street application. I just installed it and the brakes feel worse than my original 1968 power brakes. I called wilwood for advice and they said that they can't help me out without seeing my car and the parts should be fine for race applications (which I don't do). Since I hardly race this car, the advice was pretty worthless. I have taken the car to a brake shop who has installed many wilwood products and they were even surprised that wilwood would recommend this setup. They adjusted the brakes to make it better, but I am still extremely disappointed with wilwood and will be removing the setup to go with a better brand and better customer support.

if anyone needs a wilwood master cylinder, proportioning valve, and rear disc brakes - let me know, I don't want a single piece of wilwood on my car