PDA

View Full Version : Need fuel system help!! Part #s

WELTERRACER
10-18-2005, 07:21 PM
Im looking to upgrade my current fuel line and have never purchased AN fittings before..

I need a fuel line and connectors to go from my holley street/strip pump to my carbs, and also i need something to replace my cheap chrome dual feed carb lines!

what AN is closest to a 1/2 line..

Part numbers would be great!

I want the stainless fitting not the red and blue ones!

cad
10-19-2005, 07:33 PM
-8AN is plenty big and will support up to at least 600hp.
http://www.russellperformance.com/auto/hoses/ss_hose_ends.shtml
Price shop as you will be able to save a few dollars here and there depending on the brand.

Holley sells a plain aluminum dual carb inlet. I have one on mine, but I cannot find the part.
You can see the bottom in this pic.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

WELTERRACER
10-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Will 8 an support 750hp? that is my goal.. Looks great..

ProStreet R/T
10-20-2005, 07:12 PM
Easy reference is 1 AN= 1/16" ID. So -8 is 1/2" and so forth.

Are you still running a mechanical pump or a big electric?

Check ebay, a lot of times you can find great deals on AN line/fittings but most of it is the regular red/blue.

SatisTraction
10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
to supply a dual feed carb i like to run an 8 an line from BOTH outlet ports on the regulator to the carb. they make the an fitting just for this. It look nice, supports more power, and cost about the same $$$$.

SatisTraction
10-20-2005, 07:50 PM
Will 8 an support 750hp? that is my goal.. Looks great..

i have read some of your past post and i know you are having some fuel problems. i cant remember what kind of times you are turning but i doubt you need a 750 HP fuel system. If you do them prepare to spend more on that then you did your engine rebuild. I have about 600 hp on motor and that is supported by a BG280 pump, 10 an lines, and a BG regulator. Now for the nitrous i have another BG280, 10 an lines, and another BG regulator.

if you are running EFi then i would look at the A1000 and the matching regulator, and 8 an lines.