PDA

View Full Version : Goodguys Raleigh...a great new event

Kcorrigan2
04-21-2015, 03:25 AM
I just got back from attending the first annual Goodguys event in Raleigh, NC. With the forecast showing rain I really did not know what to expect. When I arrived at the fairgrounds on Friday morning the autocross track was pretty wet and the sky was dark and still threatening rain...but that was as bad as it would get. Goodguys always puts on a class event and this was no different. They sent the pros out on the track to run laps and dry things out...yeah, we clipped a cone or two but we got the track dried out and started racing by 11:30.
the rain held off and we ran all weekend. The entire facility was great. Saturday was packed...people were parked everywhere...beautiful rides and great people. I will say that four of the top five in the pro category were on Falkens and sporting the awesome Ridetech shocks...that would include me in Velocity. The weekend was cut just an hour or so short by Mother Nature threatening to rain on our parade but didn't stop us from having a great time!!
i would like to thank Rob from No Limit Engineering for all of his help...the new Sniper IFS on Velocity is awesome...and thanks to Smitty for taking time away from driving the Ridetech 48 Hour Corvette to provide some great advice and of course Brett from Ridetech without whom my 1968 Camaro "Velocity" would never had been born.
For all of you who are considering trying out the autocross...come take a ride with us, you will be hooked and before you spend one dime on your ride to make it "autocross worthy" spend some time talking to the guys I have just mentioned. They can save you a ton of money and time spent the wrong way and their products and advice are as good as it gets.

Josh@Ridetech
04-21-2015, 09:40 AM
It was a great show, good place, and awesome crowd! Velocity looked good out there man! :)