PDA

View Full Version : car sitting high opposite adjusted coilover.

68BadBird
04-17-2015, 06:43 PM
So as the title notes i have qa1 coilovers, global west upper and lower control arms and hotchkis swaybars and tierods.. I was adjusting the spring height because the car was sitting suuper low. After adjusting my drivers side spring about halfway up it is sitting at a reasonable level... but the side that I didnt adjust up is sitting higher. Anyone have any idea what is going on?

Motorcitydak
04-17-2015, 07:31 PM
Sway bars try to keep both wheels level with each other, disconnect your sway bar end link when doing this or else adjusting one side will give the other side some spring rate too. Also be sure to settle the car after you jack it up and before you pass judgement on it. Either push up and down on the corners or take it for a short drive

Schwartz Performance
04-17-2015, 07:53 PM
Could be spring rates are different side to side? (Defective or incorrect parts)

Take some measurements with the wheels off, see if the shocks measure the same length unloaded. You could put jack stands in the lower control arms and set the weight on them and check it out. This could determine if the control arms were made wrong or if your upper mount is bent, etc.

-Dale

68BadBird
04-18-2015, 04:22 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have a feeling its going to be the sway bar thing because I had just tightened up the end links after I brought the shock up so I have a feeling that is probably it. If that doesn't work I'll check spring rates.

68BadBird
04-18-2015, 05:09 AM
Motorcitydak nailed it. Thank you so much. The seay bar was holding the car flat as soon as i took it apart i got the true ride height via coiloers on each side. Thanks again