PDA

View Full Version : Shock suggestions

69Nova
04-06-2015, 05:24 PM
Looking at new shocks for my Nova. Car has Hotchkis TVS kit, pulling front end apart to paint a few things and disc brake conversion. Going to replace the shocks while everything is apart and need suggestions. Ofcourse the Hotchkis shocks are on my list but looking for other options as well. Not looking for anything fancy, car will se mostly street miles with a few autox's.

Bad94
04-06-2015, 05:38 PM
RideTech smooth body.

nokones
04-07-2015, 06:57 AM
Looking at new shocks for my Nova. Car has Hotchkis TVS kit, pulling front end apart to paint a few things and disc brake conversion. Going to replace the shocks while everything is apart and need suggestions. Ofcourse the Hotchkis shocks are on my list but looking for other options as well. Not looking for anything fancy, car will se mostly street miles with a few autox's.

What are you going to do with the car? Just grocery get, autocross, or track?

69Nova
04-07-2015, 08:55 AM
Mostly street miles, but will do a few autox's.

Right now I'm looking at the Ridetech HQ. Would be nice to have a little adjustibility from street to autox.

Schwartz Performance
04-07-2015, 04:04 PM
We use the Ridetech HQ on all of our chassis, they're a great option for what you're doing.
Were a dealer- if you'd like a quote feel free to shoot me a PM

-Dale

69Nova
04-07-2015, 05:39 PM
We use the Ridetech HQ on all of our chassis, they're a great option for what you're doing.
Were a dealer- if you'd like a quote feel free to shoot me a PM

-Dale

Pm sent

nokones
04-07-2015, 05:52 PM
Mostly street miles, but will do a few autox's.

Right now I'm looking at the Ridetech HQ. Would be nice to have a little adjustibility from street to autox.

If you are on a strict budget, keep it simple. I would look at the Koni Sports (Yellow) single adjustables since you intend to occasionaslly autocross. The singles only adjust rebound. If you want splurge a little maybe go double adjustables. If Koni does not have an application for your car, you might want to look at the QA1s.

If you become a hardcore autocrosser, you should consider the JRIs or the Penskes. I think the Koni and QA1 shocks are in the $200-300 range per shock and the Triple adjustable Penskes with external reservoirs are about $6,000-7000 range. I am not sure what the JRIs would run you. For a good price on the JRIs call Mike Maier, Inc.

Nothingface5384
04-07-2015, 10:43 PM
If reg shock and coil springs
either Ride Tech HQ or Hotchkis New 1.5hps
both are fox shocks
coil overs ride tech or Viking
JRI Hydraulic system is awesome but about 5k