PDA

View Full Version : Ford 9" 10 bolt Daytona support for 28 spline pinion quality difference ?

JavmanBBG
04-01-2015, 06:01 PM
So I am looking to put standard gears in an existing 9" I have that has pro gears and an aluminum bolt through center already.

I have found that the standard 5 bolt pinion supports should fit but there seem to be a few 10 bolt conversion units out there.

The ? Is what kind of actual difference is there between a Speedmaster unit @ $80, an eBay unit that seems to be made by a small company or an individual for $175 and a Yukon unit @ $375 ?

Thanks

iadr
04-18-2015, 03:19 PM
So I am looking to put standard gears in an existing 9" I have that has pro gears and an aluminum bolt through center already.

I have found that the standard 5 bolt pinion supports should fit but there seem to be a few 10 bolt conversion units out there.

The ? Is what kind of actual difference is there between a Speedmaster unit @ $80, an eBay unit that seems to be made by a small company or an individual for $175 and a Yukon unit @ $375 ?

Thanks

The Speedmaster name replaced the old well-known-to-be-crap ProComp name. Same company. Quality of Chinese stuff is improving but it's not a chance the well informed would take.