PDA

View Full Version : Custom Lemons Headers 2" for DSE Subframe

Sparky67
03-28-2015, 09:46 PM
sold

badazz81z28
03-29-2015, 07:41 AM
I would be interested. Pictures please, how is the frame clearance? Honestly DSEs own headers well...suprised have clearance issues on my frame. So I'm looking for something else

Sparky67
03-30-2015, 06:14 PM
Depends on the engine mount brackets. DSE sells 2 different types, but I don't have the part number. The engine mount bracket that is not set back a 1/2" fits fine.

Sparky67
04-17-2015, 02:59 PM
bump

1nastyZ06
04-17-2015, 05:57 PM
These are nice headers and a really good price.

As far as the headers that DSE sells...all they are is Stainless Works headers. You can get them from Jegs and similar vendors for around $1000. They make pretty much the same headers for speed tech and their subframe and they sell for $1200. And you can call Stainless Works headers and they will custom build you a set exactly how you want them fabbed up and designed for around $1200ish. I'm sorry but DSE is completely out of line with their headers and what they are selling them for. Some of their other stuff is a little pricey but it is also very high quality CUSTOM made by DSE and they aren't selling it for 2x the price of what others are selling the same exact parts for.

As far as these Lemons headers go....these are prob the nicest headers available and the price the OP is selling these for is a killer deal and won't last long.

Sparky67
04-22-2015, 03:32 PM
These are nice headers and a really good price.

As far as the headers that DSE sells...all they are is Stainless Works headers. You can get them from Jegs and similar vendors for around $1000. They make pretty much the same headers for speed tech and their subframe and they sell for $1200. And you can call Stainless Works headers and they will custom build you a set exactly how you want them fabbed up and designed for around $1200ish. I'm sorry but DSE is completely out of line with their headers and what they are selling them for. Some of their other stuff is a little pricey but it is also very high quality CUSTOM made by DSE and they aren't selling it for 2x the price of what others are selling the same exact parts for.

As far as these Lemons headers go....these are prob the nicest headers available and the price the OP is selling these for is a killer deal and won't last long.

DSE builds their own stainless headers to match their engine mounts. DSE is really picky on quality, but DSE is not a Stainless works header. Stainless Works is using a CNC Mandel bent machine to build their headers. It is more of production header. Custom built Lemons headers in stainless is $3000+. Nelson Racing is even higher on custom built stainless headers.

1nastyZ06
04-22-2015, 09:11 PM
You want to put some money on that. I spoke with stainless works headers. They build the headers for speed tech that goes with their subframe. And they also build the headers for DSE that goes with the DSE subframe. Speed tech and DSE both design their headers to fit with their subframes and then that design is given to stainless works and stainless works manufactures the headers for both speed tech and DSE based on their (Speed Tech and DSE) design.

1nastyZ06
04-22-2015, 09:17 PM
Now Lemons headers are a true custom header and Nelson Racing Engines is in a league of their own. Lemons is top notch. Nelson's is on a whole other level than everyone else.

badazz81z28
04-23-2015, 05:48 AM
You want to put some money on that. I spoke with stainless works headers. They build the headers for speed tech that goes with their subframe. And they also build the headers for DSE that goes with the DSE subframe. Speed tech and DSE both design their headers to fit with their subframes and then that design is given to stainless works and stainless works manufactures the headers for both speed tech and DSE based on their (Speed Tech and DSE) design.

I would bet you on that...DSE headers look nothing like Stainless Works headers, the flanges are way thicker, the bends are different, and when I contacted them, they wanted me to try their header in the DSE frame instead of offering me one that fits(hmmm). Besides Stainless Works doesn't even make a 1-7/8" header with v-band clamp flanges.

also the big one...the headers are manufactured in NC, not Ohio (where stainless works is).

When I was trying to figure this out not too long ago, I was told Lemons makes their headers and another source I don't recall. The real answer is its a DSE proprietary source.

As for AME, no clue.

badazz81z28
04-23-2015, 05:52 AM
Can you show me a picture of the driver side #2 tube and the lower control arm pocket clearance?

Sparky67
04-24-2015, 05:13 PM

I could ask Kyle Tucker on the vendor, but this thread is for my selling of my lemon headers. I could care less about the manufacturer of the DSE and Speedtech headers.

Can you show me a picture of the driver side #2 tube and the lower control arm pocket clearance?

Please PM me on replies, because I don't check this thread on a daily basis. Sorry, I don't have any additional photos of the lemons headers on the car. The photos above were shot in 2011. I now have different engine mounts that are set back.

Jeff

Sparky67
04-26-2015, 03:48 PM
Here is a 1969 Camaro with LS7 and 2" Primaries Lemon headers. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=15999&page=15&highlight=lemons+headers

Jeff

Sparky67
05-08-2015, 05:56 PM
bump

Sparky67
05-11-2015, 03:21 PM
bump!

Sparky67
05-15-2015, 08:14 PM
bump

Sparky67
05-30-2015, 09:14 AM