PDA

View Full Version : Devilbiss PLUS Paint Gun

cj58
03-27-2015, 03:43 AM
Has anyone tried the Devilbiss Plus Paint Gun, is it good with base coat and clear. Do you have to do much sanding and buffing.

INXS2
03-27-2015, 06:06 AM
I had one and it performed great. The pattern was a little short (8") but sprayed great. As for sanding and buffing, it's all in how you prep the surface, setup the gun, lay down product, products you use, environment you spray in and most of all the experience you have. After practicing a lot, I could lay down a smooth glossy finish with little or no buffing. I sold it to a friend who picked up right away on how to make a smooth finish. i went upwards with spray guns, ProLite & Sagola ( slightly larger pattern), but don't regret using the Plus. Just remember that buying an expensive spray gun won't make you a custom painter right out of the box. Good luck.

Jetfixr320
03-27-2015, 11:15 AM
http://www.amazon.com/DeVilbiss-GFG670-Efficiency-Gravity-Spray/dp/B0002SQYB4
It has pretty good reviews for the price.

I'm using a Devilbiss Finishline I believe and I'm hit of miss on the Orange peel so far. But, I've only painted 2 cars so far. LOL So, I'm still learning. And it didn't take to much wet sanding and buffing to clean it up.

If you buy the Plus. Let us know how it sprays your clear coat.