PDA

View Full Version : Beware!!! Abs power brake inc.

jhiphopjunky
03-19-2015, 08:09 AM
Beware of these guys! They have poor customer service, their products are flawed and choose not to fix their mistakes.

I chose this brake kit so my 1963 Nova SS can stop a lil better while i figure out my final suspension/motor/wheels/tires/brake setup. It was supped to be a direct bolt on kit.

After installation it appears that the caliper bolts made contact with the inner rotor. I called ABS to find out that they made the sleeve that sits in the caliper mounting hole a bit too long. FLAW!!!

I measure mine and they were the right length. The customer service rep. says that there should have been a spacer included in my kit and he will send a set out. Well now i have a huge grove on both front rotors from literally driving up and down the street once.

I spoke with Ed who says he's not the owner but he is the "end all,be all" at the company. He informed me that this is installer error and will not replace my rotors. I believe he will not replace my rotors because he does not have any rotors. I was told that they change designs on their products often and do not stock replacement parts after a new design is released.
I also asked what i should do if i needed new rotors from them in the future and i was told "you would need to buy a new kit"

So after 15 min on the phone going back and forth the guy hangs up on me! I call back and tell him to send the spacers. I also tell him i will be contacting the person above him to file a complaint.

I know there are more reputable places to find brakes like Wilwood, Baer and Kore3. Well i guess i learned my lesson the hard way!

This thread isn't to bash, but to bring this type of situation to light for other builders and most importantly save everyone time and money!

THE END