PDA

View Full Version : Backspacing

Reno
03-12-2015, 08:05 AM
OK so I have a set of Wilwood 140-9918D on front & 140-7140D on rear - now i have decided to upgrade to Baer 6 piston system - if I do this can anyone tell me if my backspacing will be affected on my wheels?

Prob ordering the Baer 4261344R front & Baer and matching 13" for the rear 4262149R

TwinSting
03-12-2015, 03:34 PM
Backspacing may change slightly but the biggest thing is that the wheels are going to need more clearance on the back for the overhang of the brake caliper on the Baers.

Apogee
03-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Assuming you don't change wheels, the backspacing of the wheels will be exactly the same as before...the track width on the other hand may change, which is what I assume you're really asking. What you'll need to do is compare the relative track width change for the Wilwood and Baer kits in order to determine the net difference. Most brake companies base their track with change off of a stock application, something that tends to have less absolute meaning in many resto-mod applications.

I'd be more concerned about the pad thickness of your wheels with the wider Baer calipers, as you'll want to make sure they can accommodate the larger Baer kits. That's something you want to confirm before you order the brakes, unless you intend to purchase the wheels to fit the brakes, then it wouldn't matter.

Tobin
KORE3