PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Late November Long Island cruise (2nd northeast gathering)

Ralph LoGrasso
10-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Hey guys,

It looks like there is some interest for a mid - late November Eastern Long Island cruise as the 2nd northeast gathering of the year. We will probably cruise some roads out in the Hamptons, hopefully some locals can pick some good, curvey and deserted roads for us. It would likely be the 2nd, 3rd, or 4th weekend in November.

So the possible dates would be:
...............Sat, Sun................
November - 12, 13 (2nd Weekend)
November - 19, 20 (3rd Weekend)
November - 26, 27 (4th Weekend)

Keep in mind that Thanksgiving is, (I believe) November 24th.

So, how many would be interested in such a cruise? We would probably assemble somewhere out east around 9AM, cruise somewhere to have lunch around 12, and get some more driving in before parting ways. All cars are welcome, feel free to bring your daily driver, truck, late model, etc. Don't let your car not being done be the reason to sit the cruise out. Plus, your cars will be faster in the cooler air.

If you're interested in the cruise, please respond to the thread, and state which weekend will be best for you. Once we have enough interest, we'll make a poll and vote on a final date.

TPI Monte SS
10-15-2005, 05:45 PM
The 19th/20th weekend is best for me. My 32nd birthday is on the 18th, so cruising with a bunch of evil muscle cars would be a great present!

toxicz28
10-16-2005, 07:03 AM
Any of those weekends are good for me. My only suggestion, is to try to do it as early in the month as possible. Less risk of snow.

Hey Ralph, I guess this will be a T-Tops on cruise, huh!

YoungGun
10-16-2005, 07:55 AM
I will see what I can do on whatever is best for everyone. Thats a long ride!! And sadly I dont have the person who rode shotgun last time around anymore to make the trip faster :(

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
10-16-2005, 03:09 PM
Looks like the third weekend in November has one vote so far. It would probably be best for me, too.

Toxic, yeah, this will definitely be a T-top on cruise, haha. I just hope I get my Headers and ORY soon enough so I can get them installed before the cruise. A clogged cat surely isn't helping performance. I hope it doesn't snow anytime in November, I'm planning on driving my car up until they salt the roads, the later the snowfall, the better.

MrAngry
10-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I'm good with either the second or third weekend.

vanzuuk1
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
I am gonna try and make it , I need to do my front suspension and brakes, everything is falling apart. Just a matter of getting the dse stuff paid for and in the car.

TMat
10-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Any one of those three weekends is fine with me. I'm interested in going.

YoungGun
10-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Hey guys,
I managed to get home for a couple days this weekend...took the car out tonight because there could be snow!!! tomorrow!!
Anyway...its getting COLD! I hope we still have decent weather in mid-november, but right now I feel like we could have snow on the ground.

Just checking up, cause I do that from time to time ;)

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
Hey guys,
I managed to get home for a couple days this weekend...took the car out tonight because there could be snow!!! tomorrow!!
Anyway...its getting COLD! I hope we still have decent weather in mid-november, but right now I feel like we could have snow on the ground.

Just checking up, cause I do that from time to time ;)

Tim

It hardly ever snows on Long Island in November, atleast not that I remember in years past, but anything is a possibility with the crazy weather we've been having these past few years. I don't think snow will be an issue on LI, but it may be for you guys at higher altitudes and farther East. Hopefully it will be a clear weekend. It's looking like the third weekend may be best.

Lets consider this a final roll call. If you're planning on attending the cruise, please post up so we can get a final count. So far we've got:

1). Ralph
2). Tim?
3). ToxicZ28
4). Steve
5). Dirk
6). FScope (possible)
7). TMat
8). Carl

jimhamptons
10-28-2005, 06:59 PM
I would love to attend, but I am heading to Florida the Saturday before Thanksgiving coming back the Saturday after..

TPI Monte SS
10-28-2005, 08:28 PM
It hardly ever snows on Long Island in November, atleast not that I remember in years past, but anything is a possibility with the crazy weather we've been having these past few years. I don't think snow will be an issue on LI, but it may be for you guys at higher altitudes and farther East. Hopefully it will be a clear weekend. It's looking like the third weekend may be best.

Lets consider this a final roll call. If you're planning on attending the cruise, please post up so we can get a final count. So far we've got:

1). Ralph
2). Tim?
3).

I should be clear, how's the 20th?

toxicz28
10-28-2005, 09:11 PM
I'm in!

vanzuuk1
10-29-2005, 03:49 AM
I am struggling to pay for my dse stuff and my front end is falling apart.Car is a little hard to drive , its clunking and pulling, I should pass.

Count me in!

FScope
10-29-2005, 10:17 AM
I may be in, but not sure yet.
Frank

Ralph LoGrasso
10-29-2005, 01:51 PM
I am struggling to pay for my dse stuff and my front end is falling apart.Car is a little hard to drive , its clunking and pulling, I should pass.

Count me in!

:lmao: Glad to hear!!

I feel your pain, though. I'm struggling with an electrical ABS inop / ASR problem on the SS, my drivers side cat is clogged and so not only is it eating power, but causing an SES light. I should just change it, but I've got an off road Y pipe coming within the next two weeks so it's pointless.

Ralph LoGrasso
10-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Okay, I've updated the list above. It looks like we'll do it on the 20th, by request. Now I've just got to find some good windy roads out east.

TMat
10-30-2005, 03:32 PM
Ralph,
You can count me in for the 20th also.

Ralph LoGrasso
10-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Sounds good, I added you to the list.

TPI Monte SS
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Okay, I've updated the list above. It looks like we'll do it on the 20th, by request. Now I've just got to find some good windy roads out east.

Any idea on the route/location yet? Since we're meeting on a Sunday, would it be feasible to meet at OBI first? Do cars still meet there this late in the year?

ProTouringNyc
11-02-2005, 08:57 PM
I should be there too :fingersx:

Ralph LoGrasso
11-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Any idea on the route/location yet? Since we're meeting on a Sunday, would it be feasible to meet at OBI first? Do cars still meet there this late in the year?

We could meet at OBI and then head out east, but I'm not sure if any cars still meet out there? I still need to figure out a route, Steevo lives farther out east than I and rides his v-rod out there often so I will talk to him when he returns from SEMA and see what roads will be good to cruise.

The only problem with meeting at OBI is that if people are still there this time of the year, you have to get there real early to get a spot (730-8ish) and that would cause people like Tim who are coming from far way to have to leave really early in the morning.

Our group could always just meet at OBI around 9:30-10AM on the 20th, the show is usually out by then and those traveling more than an hour or so won't have to wake at 5AM to make it there. I have a feeling OBI will be dead anyways, so getting a spot probaly won't be an issue.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-02-2005, 09:55 PM
I should be there too :fingersx:

I added you to the list :).

TPI Monte SS
11-03-2005, 09:20 AM
Our group could always just meet at OBI around 9:30-10AM on the 20th, the show is usually out by then and those traveling more than an hour or so won't have to wake at 5AM to make it there. I have a feeling OBI will be dead anyways, so getting a spot probaly won't be an issue.

Sounds good. Lets find out from Steevo what he knows, and then we can make some good decisions about where to cruise.

Now I have to change my heater core this weekend on the Monte, it started leaking antifreeze onto the carpet yesterday. :( Ralph, will you have enough time to get the work done on your SS?.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-03-2005, 03:08 PM
Now I have to change my heater core this weekend on the Monte, it started leaking antifreeze onto the carpet yesterday. :( Ralph, will you have enough time to get the work done on your SS?.

I'm not sure, I hope so. I will be able to get all of the small stuff that I'm looking to do done. I hope I'll have time to instally my pulley, and my headers are a toss up. There's been a delay on the 3" Y-pipe so I'm going to install a 2.5" Y for the end of the season, but my headers have 3" collectors so I need some sort of small adapter. I Realize the bottleneck will hurt power some, but it's certainly gotta be better than stock manifolds and a clogged cat.

toxicz28
11-03-2005, 05:09 PM

9:30 - 10 is deffinitely better for me, since it takes me about 1:45 to get to Garden City from my house (and thats leaving at 5 am).

Ralph LoGrasso
11-03-2005, 05:50 PM
9:30 - 10 is deffinitely better for me, since it takes me about 1:45 to get to Garden City from my house (and thats leaving at 5 am).

Better for me as well, since I'm the polar opposite of a morning person :). Perhaps we'll even do 10-10:30 meet, as I know Tim is probably a 2-3 hour commute.

TPI Monte SS
11-03-2005, 06:56 PM
Perhaps we'll even do 10-10:30 meet, as I know Tim is probably a 2-3 hour commute.

In theory, it should take me 40 mins. or less to get to OBI from Bergen County, so that's a good time for me too. What exit is that again off the LIE?

vanzuuk1
11-03-2005, 07:22 PM
Any of you guys want to meet on the way let me know, I am by the tappan zee.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-03-2005, 10:09 PM
In theory, it should take me 40 mins. or less to get to OBI from Bergen County, so that's a good time for me too. What exit is that again off the LIE?

I get off the LIE at exit 53 which is where I pick up the Sagtikos and take that to the Southern State and then Robert Moses causeway. From the Belt Pkwy (right off the Verranzano (I know I spelled that wrong) to OBI would probably be about 30-40mins depending on traffic, and the belt always has traffic.

However, if we're going to cruise out east, and there is no show at OBI we can probably find a better place to meet. OBI may be hard to find for some people, and guys like Tim who would likely take the ferry? Would have to drive 30 mins in the opposite direction to meet us, just to drive back out east. Metting somewhere directly off of the LIE might be easier? We can still meet at OBI if that's where everyone would like to meet, though. The RM causeway is pretty good for some speed action.

What routes will everyone be taking to get to LI?

vanzuuk1
11-04-2005, 03:11 AM
I will get on 287 east on the ny side of the tappan zee bridge , take 95 south to throgs neck and then get to the l.i.e. Any guys who take the tappan zee from jersey or 684, merrit/hutch or 95 south I can meet you. Fscope lives a few miles from me, I think.

TPI Monte SS
11-04-2005, 04:16 PM
Ralph, I'll be coming in over the GWB, to the Throgs Neck, then the LIE. We could skip the meet in OBI since it's not too practical (I always think the Island is shorter than it is LOL). Lets find a good spot off the LIE and work from there?

FScope
11-04-2005, 05:13 PM
Vanzuuk, you'd pass right by me, I'm right off exit 8 on 287. If I can go, we should meet up.
Frank

Ralph LoGrasso
11-04-2005, 06:21 PM
Lets find a good spot off the LIE and work from there?

Sounds good. I live close to the LIE myself, I'm trying to think of somewhere off there that will be a good meeting spot. I'm thinking the farther out east the better i.e. exit 63+ (which is actually where the bald hill cruise night is), but we could always meet further west and then drive out east as one group.

MrAngry
11-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Yo! I'm in on this... the 20th is totally cool with me.

TPI Monte SS
11-12-2005, 04:58 AM
So, what's cookin' with this run? It's a week from today, can you tell I'm excited? :seizure:

Ralph LoGrasso
11-12-2005, 09:35 PM
So, what's cookin' with this run? It's a week from today, can you tell I'm excited? :seizure:

I think we're just going to cruise 25A all the way out east, and figure out where to stop and eat once we get out there. I don't have time to take a run out east this week, so looks like we'll be playing this cruise by ear. It's only a small group of us (~6 cars) so it shouldn't be a problem. I will nail down a meeting spot within the next 2 days for us.

vanzuuk1
11-13-2005, 04:39 AM
I may be there without my car, anyone need someone to ride shotgun?

Ralph LoGrasso
11-13-2005, 01:03 PM
I may be there without my car, anyone need someone to ride shotgun?

Dirk, I'm not going to be bringing anyone along, so you can ride shotgun with me.

vanzuuk1
11-13-2005, 01:45 PM
I will be your bitch.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-13-2005, 01:49 PM
Haha :scared: How about you just be the navigator? :wrc:

vanzuuk1
11-13-2005, 05:23 PM
Ralph I am pretty up in the air for next weekend I may bring my car , ride shotgun, or stay home and work on my car.

If I ride shotgun I can get some video and edit together a little something.

I may also have to pick up my 12 bolt next weekend and it could leave me short on time and money.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-13-2005, 05:27 PM
Ralph I am pretty up in the air for next weekend I may bring my car , ride shotgun, or stay home and work on my car.

If I ride shotgun I can get some video and edit together a little something.

I may also have to pick up my 12 bolt next weekend and it could leave me short on time and money.

Copy that-- I hope you make it, but understand if ya can't.

MrAngry
11-14-2005, 09:55 AM
So who are the definates? If anyone is taking the Ferry from CT over to Port Jefferson let me know and I'll meet you - I keep my car in PJ so I'll be right there. Also, do we have a definate meeting place?

We could use Port Jefferson as it is very easy to get to from the LIE, meet up at the Ferry and then head out east from there... only a suggestion though. We should try and finalize something though.

Looking forward to it.

YoungGun
11-14-2005, 10:40 AM
I am going to have to bow out. I just dont think I can logistically get home from boston, down to LI and back up to Boston this weekend. I have 3 big tests on that monday right before Thanksgiving break I need to spend the weekend studying for too. Ahh College!

I had a great time at the last event, so if anyone is unsure I encourage you to go, it will be worth it. You dont need to have your car, a daily driver is just fine...

Have fun everyone.

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
11-14-2005, 02:36 PM
So who are the definates? If anyone is taking the Ferry from CT over to Port Jefferson let me know and I'll meet you - I keep my car in PJ so I'll be right there. Also, do we have a definate meeting place?

We could use Port Jefferson as it is very easy to get to from the LIE, meet up at the Ferry and then head out east from there... only a suggestion though. We should try and finalize something though.

Looking forward to it.

Port Jeff will work just fine as a meeting spot, but I there are some really nice curves on 25A from about the Fort Salanga area to Port Jeff, that I was hoping we could take.

I am not sure though. Port Jeff is fine with me. Like I said, we're going to be playing this cruise by ear, as I do not have a definite route planned out. I was figuging we'd meet somewhere, cruise to 25A, drive 25A out to William Floyd pkway, haul ass down that, and then get something to eat in that general area. Then cruise a little more, head back to the meeting spot and part ways?

I am up for anything though, guys. If anyone wants to take the initiative and set out a route, I'm all for it.

Tim,

Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it. I understand how the tests are. I've got a test and a paper on Monday, myself. Hopefully you can get to the next cruise.

TMat
11-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Mr. Angry,
I live in manhattan and keep my car in Mt. Sinai, which is very close to Port Jefferson. I could definitely meet you in Port Jeff , what do you think?

Trevor

MrAngry
11-15-2005, 08:35 AM
Trevor - no problem, I live in Astoria so we can definitely meet up. As for the roads - I know of some fun back roads that lead out to William Floyd - we could hit 25A to Farm Rd. in Mt. Sinai then hit Whiskey Road (which is AWESOME). Then hit WF - maybe cruise to 27 E and head out to Sag Harbor and get some lunch...

Whattya think?

So again, how many people are showing up for this?

Right now we have (that I know of):

Me
Trevor
Ralph
Vanzuuk
ProTouringNYC
TPI MonteSS
Toxic Z28

I also have some good friends from Queens that be coming. Both these cars are stunning.

1970 GTX Sublime Green
1967 Buick GS400 Black

TMat
11-15-2005, 12:18 PM
Sounds like a plan, and a good one at that. Just tell me where and what time. I'll be there , my brother is going to bring his car also.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 03:05 PM
Trevor - no problem, I live in Astoria so we can definitely meet up. As for the roads - I know of some fun back roads that lead out to William Floyd - we could hit 25A to Farm Rd. in Mt. Sinai then hit Whiskey Road (which is AWESOME). Then hit WF - maybe cruise to 27 E and head out to Sag Harbor and get some lunch...

Whattya think?

So again, how many people are showing up for this?

Right now we have (that I know of):

Me
Trevor
Ralph
Vanzuuk
ProTouringNYC
TPI MonteSS
Toxic Z28

I also have some good friends from Queens that be coming. Both these cars are stunning.

1970 GTX Sublime Green
1967 Buick GS400 Black

Mike,

Sounds great on that cruise idea. Much better than what I had planned. I'll follow your lead on what roads we cruise. So, lets all meet up in Port Jefferson around 10AM? Where do you want to meet in Port Jeff? In town by the ferry, or?

Maybe you can post some directions from guys coming from the LIE?

The best way I can think of is the LIE to (I think) Exit 62 which is 97 (Nichols Road), Then take that down and make a right onto Rte 347, and head up 347 and hang a left onto 112 into port Jeff. Okay, those are terrible directions, so someone please clarify.

TMat
11-15-2005, 03:31 PM
Mike,

Sounds great on that cruise idea. Much better than what I had planned. I'll follow your lead on what roads we cruise. So, lets all meet up in Port Jefferson around 10AM? Where do you want to meet in Port Jeff? In town by the ferry, or?

Maybe you can post some directions from guys coming from the LIE?

The best way I can think of is the LIE to (I think) Exit 62 which is 97 (Nichols Road), Then take that down and make a right onto Rte 347, and head up 347 and hang a left onto 112 into port Jeff. Okay, those are terrible directions, so someone please clarify.

Actually those directions are correct. Exit 62N to Rte. 347 east then north on rte. 112 sraight into Port Jeff. There is a large parking lot just to the left of the ferry where we could meet.

Trevor

toxicz28
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM
Actually those directions are correct. Exit 62N to Rte. 347 east then north on rte. 112 sraight into Port Jeff. There is a large parking lot just to the left of the ferry where we could meet.

Trevor

How about a street address so people could mapquest it? This way, we could get an idea of travel time.
Scratch that, how does this sound???
17:Take the CROSS IS PKWY exit toward EASTERN L I.0.4 mileshttps://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>18:Merge onto CROSS ISLAND PKWY S.3.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('17','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6ta1a%24.0at0gz%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26z1lqr%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6tgh6%24.0atg0y%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zn5%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7ad4a%3A%29z baq4t%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409f%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245uzywu%40%5Falzyag%40a%3A96%24l%2 6uz%3Au%40al%26%3Db%3A1u%24.l%402l%26%3Da%3A0%40%5 Fx%26y%24.5%4020%26%3D2n%26ur%3A%29a8%3Alu%24.14%2 4lg%40%5Fn9%40y%3A%29a7%3A94%24.96%240%26%3D25%26f %24.9y%24nd%40%5Flu%40a5%26%3D8%3Ag%40%5Fn9%40y%3A %29u2%3Ag%40%5Fx9%402n%26%3D8%3Al%40%5Fx%26u%24.h% 40t%3A%29y%240%26%3Dz%3A5%40%5F5%26y%24.g%402n%26% 3Db%3Ah%40%5F0%2602%3A%29y%24nq%40%5F0%26u7%3A%29r %24nu%40%5Flu%402w%26%3D8%3Ad');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>19:Merge onto LONG ISLAND EXPY / I-495 E via EXIT 30E toward EASTERN LONG IS.12.7 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('18','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6tauy%24.0azxd0%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26uzldry%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7ad4a%3A%29zbaq4t% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409f%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr20rta%26% 3Dtxd0ra%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag07%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6tsd0%24.0at5dz%24.9z%24l l%4022q%402gd%40a2%26ra%3Al0%24sg%40%5Fl%26za%3A%2 9ut%3A5f%24su%4022q%40bx%26uzx%26a1%3Agu%24sd%402s u%40%5Fld%40b51%40%5Flg%40yg%26az%3A94y%3A%29wz%3A 9a2%3Aqy%24xuw%245l%40a21');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>20:Merge onto NORTHERN PKWY E via EXIT 42 toward HAUPPAUGE.16.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('19','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6y250%24.0abwur%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u10hyz%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7a5zt%3A%29zbs1wt% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24016%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr250ya%26% 3Dtx14t2%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag02%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6tg0z%24.0a8lqz%24x5%4022 d%408l%26az0%26az%3A9w8%3Ad6%24n9a%24.lw%24n94%24. h%402s1%40%5Fsl%401n%26zt%3Aluy%3A161%3A9yt%3A5%40 10%26%3D2s%26u8a%26wb%3A9yt%3A%29w7%3A9ya%3A%294r% 3A9at%3A%290%24lg4%24nuw%24n1u');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>21:NORTHERN PKWY E becomes RT-347 EAST.0.2 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('20','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6ylh0%24.0aasqy%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5urag0%40%5Fal08au% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26yan%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6ylhy%24. 0aas10%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zl1%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r250ya%26%3Dtx14t2%26w%24g%26w %24nl%40a%3A9y%24.9%402n');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>22:RT-347 EAST becomes NY-347 E.13.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('21','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6yaq4%24.0a25hz%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%260bxhz2%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7g1fz%3A%29zbld0a% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24010%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr2h0rw%26% 3Dtxuwtn%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag0b%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6ylhy%24.0aas10%24.d4%24l qf%24nq%402g0%402su%40b2q%40y2%26u75%26a2%3A5f%24x l%4025d%402l5%4022h%40rxu%40t20%402n5%402l0%40a5%2 6a7');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>23:Turn LEFT onto NY-112 / PATCHOGUE PORT JEFFERSON RD.0.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('22','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq61l5w%24.0a75hf%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u8adf%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq61lqf%24.0a750u%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zll%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7wlut%3A%29z b2d0y%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2401w%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245ufa5h%40%5Fal6ra9%402%3A%29u%24n 1%40%5Fn9%40z%3A%294%24l%26%3Da%3Al%40%5F5%264%24. g%402%3A%290%24x%26%3Db%3Ad%40%5Fs%264%24.q%408%3A %29w%24n9%40%5Fs%26a%24.1%40z%3A%29a');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>24:NY-112 / PATCHOGUE PORT JEFFERSON RD becomes MAIN ST / NY-25A.1.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('23','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq61xh0%24.0a709u%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26ar01r%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq61x9z%24.0a7s1r%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zlq%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7wqyt%3A%29z b2gfb%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24014%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245ufbn0%40%5Fal68l5%408%3A%290%240 %26%3Db%3Ag%40%5F5%260%24.1%40r%3A%29a%245%26%3Da% 3Au%40%5Fn%26y%24.d%40a%3A%290%24n%26%3D2%3A5%40%5 Fn9%40z%3A%29z%24l%26%3Db%3Ah%40%5Fn1%40b%3A%29y%2 4nu%40%5Fnl%408%3A%29r%240%26%3Dy%3Al%40%5Fw%260%2 4.9a%242%26%3Dr%3A1%40%5Fs%26u%24.q%402%3A%29u%24l %26%3Db%3A1%40%5Fl%26u%24.9%402%3A%29u%24l%26%3D2% 3A0%40%5Fn%26w%24.9%40b%3A%29u%24n%26%3D2%3A1%40%5 Fn%260%24.l%40b%3A%290%24x%26%3Da%3A1%407%3Aq%40%5 Fn%260%24.1%40z%3A%294%245%26%3Dr%3A1%40%5Fl%26a%2 4.1');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>25:Turn LEFT onto W BROADWAY / NY-25A.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('24','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt2q%26FDT7 w%7cq615g4%24%2e0a70h4%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26zr0u%40 rwu%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2aE%14QXO%2a5ufr00%40%5fal6zw l%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26yas%26%26FDEmvqjHqjwjg%7c %14D%13%13%17OHM%26w7wqyt%3a%29zb2gfb%3a%290%24%2e 9%40%5fl%26%3db%3dTPWIK%2cr2hwzx%26%3dtxuy1a%26%40 %24%3a%26%40%24%3ahu1l%26');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>26:End at Port Jefferson, NY US

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 03:34 PM

Trevor

Trevor, that is exactly where I was thinking to meet. I thought the directions were right, but I wasn't sure on the North, East, North. I live west of port jeff, right off 347, so I just take 347 straight up, and hang a left when I see the sign.

Alright, so 10AM everyone, head all the way down Rt 112 until you see water, hang a left and the parking lot will be on your right hand side.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 03:36 PM
How about a street address so people could mapquest it? This way, we could get an idea of travel time.

I'm not sure on the address, but I think the website for the ferry is: www.portjeffersonferry.com. I may be wrong though?

To give a rough estimate on travel time over long island, depending on how fast you drive (ie. 55 or 75) and how much traffic there is, you're looking at about 1-1.5 hours or so from where the BQE picks up the LIE (exit 20 or so?).

toxicz28
11-15-2005, 04:43 PM
I'm not sure on the address, but I think the website for the ferry is: www.portjeffersonferry.com (http://www.portjeffersonferry.com/). I may be wrong though?

To give a rough estimate on travel time over long island, depending on how fast you drive (ie. 55 or 75) and how much traffic there is, you're looking at about 1-1.5 hours or so from where the BQE picks up the LIE (exit 20 or so?).
Well, according to mapquest, I'm looking at 2 1/2 hours. I'm still in!

TPI Monte SS
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
Woohoo, this is looking gooooooooooooood! I will make sure to fill up on the Jersey side before I leave though, gas is cheaper here. ;) I have a feeling my car is gonna get pounded on a bit keeping up with the mega-horsepower cars.

vanzuuk1
11-15-2005, 06:27 PM
We may need snow tires...

toxicz28
11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
We may need snow tires...

Or a 4x4 '69 Camaro! :screwy: I know, I know :getout:

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 08:10 PM
Is it looking like snow by you guys? I don't remember it snowing in November on LI in a loooong time. It was like 60* today, although rainy. 65 on Sunday. Last Friday was cold though--only 45 or so.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 08:15 PM
Scratch that, how does this sound???
17:Take the CROSS IS PKWY exit toward EASTERN L I.0.4 mileshttps://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>18:Merge onto CROSS ISLAND PKWY S.3.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('17','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6ta1a%24.0at0gz%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26z1lqr%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq6tgh6%24.0atg0y%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zn5%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7ad4a%3A%29z baq4t%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409f%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245uzywu%40%5Falzyag%40a%3A96%24l%2 6uz%3Au%40al%26%3Db%3A1u%24.l%402l%26%3Da%3A0%40%5 Fx%26y%24.5%4020%26%3D2n%26ur%3A%29a8%3Alu%24.14%2 4lg%40%5Fn9%40y%3A%29a7%3A94%24.96%240%26%3D25%26f %24.9y%24nd%40%5Flu%40a5%26%3D8%3Ag%40%5Fn9%40y%3A %29u2%3Ag%40%5Fx9%402n%26%3D8%3Al%40%5Fx%26u%24.h% 40t%3A%29y%240%26%3Dz%3A5%40%5F5%26y%24.g%402n%26% 3Db%3Ah%40%5F0%2602%3A%29y%24nq%40%5F0%26u7%3A%29r %24nu%40%5Flu%402w%26%3D8%3Ad');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>19:Merge onto LONG ISLAND EXPY / I-495 E via EXIT 30E toward EASTERN LONG IS.12.7 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('18','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6tauy%24.0azxd0%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26uzldry%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7ad4a%3A%29zbaq4t% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2409f%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr20rta%26% 3Dtxd0ra%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag07%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6tsd0%24.0at5dz%24.9z%24l l%4022q%402gd%40a2%26ra%3Al0%24sg%40%5Fl%26za%3A%2 9ut%3A5f%24su%4022q%40bx%26uzx%26a1%3Agu%24sd%402s u%40%5Fld%40b51%40%5Flg%40yg%26az%3A94y%3A%29wz%3A 9a2%3Aqy%24xuw%245l%40a21');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>20:Merge onto NORTHERN PKWY E via EXIT 42 toward HAUPPAUGE.16.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('19','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6y250%24.0abwur%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u10hyz%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7a5zt%3A%29zbs1wt% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24016%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr250ya%26% 3Dtx14t2%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag02%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6tg0z%24.0a8lqz%24x5%4022 d%408l%26az0%26az%3A9w8%3Ad6%24n9a%24.lw%24n94%24. h%402s1%40%5Fsl%401n%26zt%3Aluy%3A161%3A9yt%3A5%40 10%26%3D2s%26u8a%26wb%3A9yt%3A%29w7%3A9ya%3A%294r% 3A9at%3A%290%24lg4%24nuw%24n1u');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>21:NORTHERN PKWY E becomes RT-347 EAST.0.2 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('20','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6ylh0%24.0aasqy%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26zr0u%40rw u%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2AE%14QXO%2A5urag0%40%5Fal08au% 40%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26yan%26%26FDBBD%7Cq6ylhy%24. 0aas10%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zl1%40%3AHO%1593bdWi k1mf%3BNSC%12JDBJ%40r250ya%26%3Dtx14t2%26w%24g%26w %24nl%40a%3A9y%24.9%402n');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>22:RT-347 EAST becomes NY-347 E.13.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('21','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq6yaq4%24.0a25hz%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%260bxhz2%3A qf7%3A168%3ATD%15JFE%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7g1fz%3A%29zbld0a% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24010%24%3DTPWIK%2Cr2h0rw%26% 3Dtxuwtn%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24%3Ag0b%3A%2AE%14Fv7wm Bbdr75%2A%18J%12VVKTS%3Aq6ylhy%24.0aas10%24.d4%24l qf%24nq%402g0%402su%40b2q%40y2%26u75%26a2%3A5f%24x l%4025d%402l5%4022h%40rxu%40t20%402n5%402l0%40a5%2 6a7');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>23:Turn LEFT onto NY-112 / PATCHOGUE PORT JEFFERSON RD.0.5 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('22','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq61l5w%24.0a75hf%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26u8adf%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq61lqf%24.0a750u%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zll%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7wlut%3A%29z b2d0y%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%2401w%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245ufa5h%40%5Fal6ra9%402%3A%29u%24n 1%40%5Fn9%40z%3A%294%24l%26%3Da%3Al%40%5F5%264%24. g%402%3A%290%24x%26%3Db%3Ad%40%5Fs%264%24.q%408%3A %29w%24n9%40%5Fs%26a%24.1%40z%3A%29a');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>24:NY-112 / PATCHOGUE PORT JEFFERSON RD becomes MAIN ST / NY-25A.1.4 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('23','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3Byt2q%26FDT7 w%7Cq61xh0%24.0a709u%24%3A%26%40%24%3A%26ar01r%245 h6%24lu4%24HJQD%11T%26FDBBD%7Cq61x9z%24.0a7s1r%24% 3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40zlq%40%3AHOHQJ%3Bw7wqyt%3A%29z b2gfb%3A%26%40%24%3A%26%40%24014%24%3DTPGp2hsQxolv e%2CCMN%17MJAD%245ufbn0%40%5Fal68l5%408%3A%290%240 %26%3Db%3Ag%40%5F5%260%24.1%40r%3A%29a%245%26%3Da% 3Au%40%5Fn%26y%24.d%40a%3A%290%24n%26%3D2%3A5%40%5 Fn9%40z%3A%29z%24l%26%3Db%3Ah%40%5Fn1%40b%3A%29y%2 4nu%40%5Fnl%408%3A%29r%240%26%3Dy%3Al%40%5Fw%260%2 4.9a%242%26%3Dr%3A1%40%5Fs%26u%24.q%402%3A%29u%24l %26%3Db%3A1%40%5Fl%26u%24.9%402%3A%29u%24l%26%3D2% 3A0%40%5Fn%26w%24.9%40b%3A%29u%24n%26%3D2%3A1%40%5 Fn%260%24.l%40b%3A%290%24x%26%3Da%3A1%407%3Aq%40%5 Fn%260%24.1%40z%3A%294%245%26%3Dr%3A1%40%5Fl%26a%2 4.1');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>25:Turn LEFT onto W BROADWAY / NY-25A.<0.1 milesMap (javascript:showManMap('24','http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com:80/mqmapgend?MQMapGenRequest=FDR2dmwjDE%3byt2q%26FDT7 w%7cq615g4%24%2e0a70h4%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26zr0u%40 rwu%40a2d%40FMIO%10H%2aE%14QXO%2a5ufr00%40%5fal6zw l%40%24%3a%26%40%24%3a%26yas%26%26FDEmvqjHqjwjg%7c %14D%13%13%17OHM%26w7wqyt%3a%29zb2gfb%3a%290%24%2e 9%40%5fl%26%3db%3dTPWIK%2cr2hwzx%26%3dtxuy1a%26%40 %24%3a%26%40%24%3ahu1l%26');)https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif</IMG>26:End at Port Jefferson, NY US

Those directions sound fine. You could probably skip the merge onto the Northern State, and just stay on the LIE and follow the above directions, but either one will work just fine. Keep an eye out towards the end of the Northern State, there is a state trooper that always hangs out up in the median (as you pass it, you can see the huge rut he creates with his car). He is between the last exit and 347, if I remember correctly. Also, the 4th precient is on the left hand side of 347, two lights up from where the Northern State ends. Be sure to watch out for cops over there.

TPI Monte SS
11-15-2005, 08:26 PM
Weekend weather report looks good, just a bit chilly. Good thing I changed my leaky heater core, I'm gonna need it Sunday!

Ralph LoGrasso
11-15-2005, 08:32 PM
Weekend weather report looks good, just a bit chilly. Good thing I changed my leaky heater core, I'm gonna need it Sunday!

Cold weather makes the cars run faster... Less traction, though. :3gears:

On a side note, I hope this rain lets up here tomorrow. My car is currently sitting in my garage, freshly compounded. The only thing is we didn't have time to glaze it yet. So, it's got tiny swirl marks from the machine all over it. Hopefully tomorrow I can glaze it, and then throw a coat of Zaino on. I still need to install my exhaust and "fix" my cat problem, I decided to work all last weekend and didn't get anything done.

MrAngry
11-16-2005, 07:38 AM
Ok - here are some VERY easy directions to PJ:

[From NYC:]
Long Island Expressway East to Exit 62 North (Stony Brook/Bluepoint) - this will put you on Nichols Road - take Nichols Road to the end which will be Rt. 25A - Make a right - this will take DIRECTLY into Port Jefferson. When you arrive in town you will see the Ferry on the Left - directly across from the Ferry is a small shopping center, pull in there and we can all meet up. It's a piece of cake.

[From Jersey]:
Veranzanno Bridge to the Belt Parkway East - pass Kennedy Airport on the right and stay straight until you come to Southern State Parkway heading East (you can only go east) - Stay on Southern State Parkway for about 40 minutes - Merge onto Sagtikos Parkway (stay left), then pick up the Long Island Expressway East and follow the above directions.

[From CT]:
Get on the ferry at Bridgeport, have coffee and bagel and get off in Port Jefferson... done.

If anyone needs any further directions my cell is 516-382-4131. Port Jefferson is a nice little Harbor Town, so be prepared that we will be a rolling car show and people will stop and crowd around - it should be a really good time.

Cheers Gents - I'm really looking forward to this.
Oh yea - just post up if you are a definate and what car you'll be bringing.

TPI Monte SS
11-16-2005, 09:00 AM
I'm definite, cleared with my wife over a week ago. I'll be reminding her every day so there's no issue. :)

My name is Steve, and I'll be driving the Monte in my sig. It's bright white with tinted windows and a lowered stance.

toxicz28
11-16-2005, 02:50 PM
Hopefully tomorrow I can glaze it, and then throw a coat of Zaino on.

Don't do that!!!! You're going to make mine look bad. I don't have that kind of time before Sunday.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Don't do that!!!! You're going to make mine look bad. I don't have that kind of time before Sunday.

LOL!! Don't worry, my car still needs to be lowered, and I've still got the crummy cloth interior. So it won't look that good.

toxicz28
11-16-2005, 03:08 PM
LOL!! Don't worry, my car still needs to be lowered, and I've still got the crummy cloth interior. So it won't look that good.
It's funny, three years ago when I rolled her out of the showroom, I had big plans for her. Other than the air intake mods, and the skip shift eliminator,I haven't done any of them. Damn project cars!!!!

Ralph LoGrasso
11-16-2005, 03:11 PM
It's funny, three years ago when I rolled her out of the showroom, I had big plans for her. Other than the air intake mods, and the skip shift eliminator,I haven't done any of them. Damn project cars!!!!

LOL, I hear ya! Mine was supposed to have heads / cam and all bolt-ons by now. Heads and cam are just a thought, headers are on the way, pulley is waiting for me to install, lol. They only thing I've done so far besides the wheels / tires and some other minor appearance is the lid, k&n and bellow myself! I should hopeflly have the exhaust on by sunday, though.

P.S. I've had my skip shift plug for three months, and haven't had the urge to throw the car up on jacks and install it yet, lol! I just disable it with my right foot for now.

toxicz28
11-16-2005, 03:36 PM
P.S. I've had my skip shift plug for three months, and haven't had the urge to throw the car up on jacks and install it yet, lol! I just disable it with my right foot for now.
Learn from my mistake! SLP's instructions were very vauge. "Unplug cags plug. Plug in eliminator. You're done!" Well, I plugged into the reverse lockout solenoid. :hand: Then I left for a dr's appointment, and found out when I went to back into the parking spot. The cags is in the middle on the drivers side up high.

vanzuuk1
11-16-2005, 04:47 PM
Toxic , did you get my message?

Ralph LoGrasso
11-16-2005, 07:46 PM
Learn from my mistake! SLP's instructions were very vauge. "Unplug cags plug. Plug in eliminator. You're done!" Well, I plugged into the reverse lockout solenoid. :hand: Then I left for a dr's appointment, and found out when I went to back into the parking spot. The cags is in the middle on the drivers side up high.

Thanks for the heads up! I'm sure I probably would've made the same mistake. :icon996:

TMat
11-17-2005, 04:21 PM
Cheers Gents - I'm really looking forward to this.
Oh yea - just post up if you are a definate and what car you'll be bringing.[/QUOTE]

My Brother and I are definites. I have a 69 Z/28- Hugger Orange, my brother 66 Chevy II- Yellow.

See you on Sunday

MrAngry
11-18-2005, 07:17 AM
Just a quick to all those are coming - I am just curious to where the majority of people are coming from?

LI, CT, NJ - where is everyone from?

TPI Monte SS
11-18-2005, 07:50 AM
I'm in Bergen County, NJ, 15 minutes from the GWB.

vanzuuk1
11-19-2005, 08:07 AM
I am out, funds are too low for fuel and tolls.

toxicz28
11-19-2005, 04:14 PM
I'll be there. Taking the 8:30 ferry from Bridgeport, their website say I should arrive at 9:45. See you all there. Ralph, you know what I'll be driving.

TPI Monte SS
11-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Can't wait, see you guys in a few hours. I'll be leaving Jersey a little before 8, because you never know what kind of traffic I might find on the GWB.

Mr. Angry, thanx for posting your cell number. I'll call you if I get lost.

PS - Weather looks PERFECT!

MrAngry
11-19-2005, 06:22 PM
All looks good - see guys tomorrow. Call me with any questions.

YoungGun
11-19-2005, 07:54 PM
Have fun guys!!!! I will be here with my Financial Accounting! So take alot of pics and have a great time! Gatherings are what bring online clubs like this closer.

Tim

Ralph LoGrasso
11-19-2005, 11:42 PM
See you guys tomorrow.

12 hours worth of work on the car today, and I'm ready to go. heh, worked on the car from 1PM - 1AM. Some things took a little longer than I thought. See ya in Port Jeff in about 8 hours.

Ralph LoGrasso
11-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the great cruise today guys, it was a great time.

For those that missed the cruise, be sure to attend next year. We had a blast. We were really hauling ass on some of the roads. The first road we started out on was extremely windy with some good straights. An absolute awesome road for a PT cruise. We were taking most turns between 50-80mph, and the straights were just wide open. Lots of fun. :3gears:

toxicz28
11-20-2005, 06:26 PM
YES! Definitely a blast!!! And a pleasure to meet you all. My car hit 5500 miles as I pulled in the driveway tonight. Maybe I'll trade her in. She's getting old :lmao: .:cheers: .

TPI Monte SS
11-20-2005, 07:26 PM
Thanks again for an awesome day guys! We couldn't have asked for better weather, and the scenery was incredible, especially at the speeds we were travelling at. :drive1: My buddy Rob took some in-car pics, and I took some at the show. I will resize and post them ASAP. It was great meeting all of you and putting some faces (and cars!) to the names on the Forum!

MrAngry
11-21-2005, 05:52 AM
Absolutely a great day... weather was perfect, cars ran great and dare I it.... some illegal speeds were achieved.

Honestly to all those that showed, thanks so much for a great day, it was actually a lot of fun to beat the hell out the ole' Charger like that... I haven't done that in a while.

Now... about that Power Tour thing we talked about....

Mike

vanzuuk1
11-21-2005, 02:51 PM
Pictures?

Steve Chryssos
11-21-2005, 03:55 PM
Damn I'm bummed. I wish I could make it. As I told Dirk a coupla months ago: I will have no life until after the new year. Please post some pics.

TPI Monte SS
11-21-2005, 08:28 PM
Guys, I posted some pics in my VBGarage - https://www.pro-touring.com/forum/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=1457

If someone would like to host them, or if anyone wants the fullsize pics, just send me a PM and I will be more than happy to e-mail them. The pic of Mike's Charger sitting at the traffic light is my new background on my desktop. :)

Ralph LoGrasso
11-21-2005, 08:42 PM
Cool pics, Steve. Thanks for posting 'em! I wish I would've brought my Camera. I really wish we could have gotten some video. A passenger in my car on the Whiskey road run, would've been ideal for video and would've really showed off Mike's charger taking some hard and fast corners. I was really impressed with how flat the car stayed in the corners for such a big car, and just with the cars overall ability. I was having to drive my SS harder than I thought to keep up with him. That car is the real deal pro-tourer. All of the cars at the event were, seeing as how they were driven.

I think we should change the title from pro-touring cruise to pro-touring banzai run. LOL. My car was well into triple digits atleast 3 times. The road where Mike and I had a little run on was just perfect. A grass and steel divider, no entrances, no traffic and super flat. I can't wait for next year! If it's in November again, I might possibly have the '68 on the road. I think we should do atleast 4 or 5 events / cruises in the North East next year. Even if it's just a few local guys getting together. i.e. eastern LI guys, Jersey guys, Westchester / CT guys, etc.

vanzuuk1
11-22-2005, 03:45 AM
I am glad I didnt go , my wife will not be a passenger in any high speed stuff ,but she will get out and video if I do donuts and burnouts.

Next summer I really want to do some video , I have a friend who does top notch mt. bike videos and I have done some video work myself.It would be great to do a lttle two or three minute clip set to music.

MrAngry
11-22-2005, 06:23 AM
I really did have a great time - it sucks, all the guys here at work are computer geeks - I am the only gearhead here. They sit hear and talk about their blackberries and PDA's all day long... I want to friggin' scream, they wouldn't know the difference between a Camaro, a Charger or an F-150 for chrissakes.

All the cars there brought something different to the table. Steve's Monte is just plain cool... everything he did was DEAD ON. Rims, tire profile, 5 speed - nothing is overdone and works and looks factory, it's a really cool ride.

Trevor's z28 looks like a standard z28 69' Camaro... then he opens the hood and there's this BEHEMOTH of a big block... 496CI if I'm not mistaken - I don't know if you can see it in the pic but he still has the little 302 badge on front... hmm...

All in all a great day - for all those that missed it, we will obviously be doing this again. My wife was supposed to come, but I think that if she did I probably would have gotten yelled at... a lot... Ralph, you would have gotten yeld at too for following me... we did kind of push it a little bit. :headbang:

Anytime you guys want to get together again, I am most definitely in. And I agree we, should at least 4 or 5 gatherings next season.

Cheers - Mike
Hey Steve - what does your speedo say in the pic - I can't read it?

TPI Monte SS
11-22-2005, 10:11 AM
I really did have a great time - it sucks, all the guys here at work are computer geeks - I am the only gearhead here. They sit hear and talk about their blackberries and PDA's all day long... I want to friggin' scream, they wouldn't know the difference between a Camaro, a Charger or an F-150 for chrissakes.

I know how you feel. The only other person I work with that's into cars is the Auto Shop teacher, and our shop is around the other side of the building from where I am.

All the cars there brought something different to the table. Steve's Monte is just plain cool... everything he did was DEAD ON. Rims, tire profile, 5 speed - nothing is overdone and works and looks factory, it's a really cool ride.

Wow, thanks for the compliments! Mike, your Charger is just phenomenal. The stance of your car is perrrrrrrrrfect, and it just exudes attitude.

I coulda used (at least) another 100 hp to keep up with you guys on the straights, but I was hanging right there in the twisties.

Trevor's z28 looks like a standard z28 69' Camaro... then he opens the hood and there's this BEHEMOTH of a big block... 496CI if I'm not mistaken - I don't know if you can see it in the pic but he still has the little 302 badge on front... hmm...

It's almost a sleeper, until he fires it up. :) Trev, we need to get your suspension done over the winter!

Hey Steve - what does your speedo say in the pic - I can't read it?

Sorry, it was a little windy inside the car so Rob couldn't get a clear shot. Speedo was showing 105, and it wasn't really fast enough to keep up. :)

I can't wait until next year, that was the most fun I've had in the car in a looooooooooong time! I am up for a meet anytime you want to go. I put 200 miles on the car yesterday!

Steve Chryssos
11-22-2005, 11:33 AM
Cool pics. Looks like a big time. So what was the route?

MrAngry
11-22-2005, 01:20 PM
We started in Port Jefferson, some of the main "fun" roads were Crystal Brook Hallow, Farm Road, Whiskey Road (which is awesome) then we hit William Floyd Parkway to the LIE to Exit 63 to RT 83 South to Bald Hill then back to PJ for Lunch. If we do another out East run I would love to head out east by Sag Harbor and hit Red Creek Road and some others -

I ran all these roads back when I used to ride on Sunday mornings but I can't remember the names of any of them - I can get to them, but again, no names.

Steve - maybe you could help out in that Department. Next time if we could start early, like maybe 7am - we could head out to Montauk for lunch - that would be a great run... Old Montauk Hwy would be a riot in these cars.

toxicz28
11-22-2005, 03:44 PM
I can't wait until next year, that was the most fun I've had in the car in a looooooooooong time! I am up for a meet anytime you want to go. I put 200 miles on the car yesterday!

I agree totally! It was a blast, I ended up doing a little over 200 miles also. Probably would've been 300 if I didn't do the ferry in the morning. But, I am up for another meet too!

Steve Chryssos
11-22-2005, 03:49 PM
.......If we do another out East run I would love to head out east by Sag Harbor and hit Red Creek Road and some others -
I ran all these roads back when I used to ride on Sunday mornings but I can't remember the names of any of them - I can get to them, but again, no names.
Steve - maybe you could help out in that Department. Next time if we could start early, like maybe 7am - we could head out to Montauk for lunch - that would be a great run... Old Montauk Hwy would be a riot in these cars.

Absolutely. I know the way. In fact Red Creek Road is the unofficial Twist Machine "proving grounds" It's about 5 minutes from me. Jim Mulvey is the real "out east" back road expert, so he could probably string together 30 miles of twisties. We'll need to do that one early in the morning in March or April--before all the tourists clog up the roads.

TMat
11-22-2005, 05:05 PM
It's almost a sleeper, until he fires it up. :) Trev, we need to get your suspension done over the winter

You're absolutely right about getting my suspension done over the winter, maybe an overdrive tranny too.it feels like I'm driving a 4x4 through the fast turns. 4.11 gears suck at anything over 70 mph.

Sunday was a lot of fun , I haven't beat on my car like that in a long time, and I only ended up with a leaking heater hose. I guess there had to be one mechanical problem in the bunch. It's not a party until you break something, right?:injured:

I am looking forward to some more cruises next year, maybe even the Power Tour...

Trevor