PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Goodguys Spring Scottsdale AZ track Layout

Goodguy Ed
03-06-2015, 05:46 PM
We are looking at trying to post the Autocross layout before the event this year. We also will be working on Live Timing that you can see on your phone for the events.

Here is the cone layout for Spring Scottsdale AZ.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2015/03/Spring20AZ20AutoCross20Track20H_zpsuwzjd-1.jpg (http://s1072.photobucket.com/user/69nomaro/media/Spring%20AZ%20AutoCross%20Track%20H_zpsuwzjdmmx.jp g.html)

Let me know what you think of the track.
Goodguy Ed

Bad94
03-06-2015, 06:45 PM
Looks good, I see 2 cones that will be killed.

Dusold
03-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Are the cones only going to be where the dots are or will there be cones in between like last year?

Craig510
03-06-2015, 08:48 PM
I like the extra cone to slow down the sweeper and the extra cones that increase the radius of the pin turns, but it looks like it will still favor the vetts.

Thanks for giving us a preview of the layouts. It will save me from drawing course maps.

Goodguy Ed
03-06-2015, 09:13 PM
We will still use the cones to fill in the gaps like before, this just shows the pivot cones to start with. The corners have a larger radius so it should even it out.

Also we added a box right out of the gate to slow that straight away down as some cars had to shift or were hitting the rev limiter and we did not want them going that fast.

This should help and make a more competitive track.
Ed

Bad94
03-07-2015, 06:02 AM
We will still use the cones to fill in the gaps like before, this just shows the pivot cones to start with. The corners have a larger radius so it should even it out.

Also we added a box right out of the gate to slow that straight away down as some cars had to shift or were hitting the rev limiter and we did not want them going that fast.

This should help and make a more competitive track.
Ed

Ed, Scottsdale last year was the fastest GG autox that I have ever done, but it was a blast. Just wish the car was ready, I would bring it back out west for a few events.

WallaceMFG
03-07-2015, 03:32 PM
I still think it needs to be changed. It seems like the layout is basically the same with minor changes each year. I'd like to see a new layout, not the same track twice a year. I think it would make the racing more interesting to have a whole new track to learn.

rchaskin
03-07-2015, 06:29 PM
To see the track before hand will be awesome!!!

Pontiac Chris
03-09-2015, 07:59 AM
Thanks for posting up the track layout ahead of time, great idea. The extra cones to keep the speeds down should help me run in first gear now, once I grabbed second I left it there which was probably costing me time. Looking forward to it.

mpozzi
03-09-2015, 02:07 PM
In my humble opinion, this course is even better than last year's course. Thanks, Ed, for posting it up here …

Mary Pozzi

Goodguy Ed
03-09-2015, 04:19 PM
In my humble opinion, this course is even better than last year's course. Thanks, Ed, for posting it up here …

Mary Pozzi

Glad you like the new layout Mary.
Congrats on the first qualifier to the 2015 Goodguys Duel in the Desert Shootout. You looked like you were having fun at the SCCA event at Crows landing.
Remember not just Goodguys events will get you qualified into the Shootout, SCCA, USCA and ASP plus we added an event in Lincoln NE on June 27th that will get you in.

Goodguy Ed

mpozzi
03-10-2015, 10:43 AM
Thanks Ed ...

The changes you've made place more of an emphasis on handling and less on power. Still, the best car/driver combination should rise to the top in November. Of course, I'm presuming the course will be the same or close ...

Mary P.