PDA

View Full Version : Be Wary of C10

mitch_04
02-28-2015, 07:57 AM
I purchased spindles sold as 63-70 Chevy truck drop spindles from C10. The part number he gave me is the correct part number for any 63-70, 71-72, 73-87 Chevy truck drop spindle, so I relied on his thread title that they were the correct ones. I went to install the spindles and the ball joints did not sit far enough in the spindle to attach a nut. I did some research and found the 71-72 Chevy trucks had a smaller ball joint. I alerted C10 about the problem and let him know I ordered the 71-72 ball joints to see if they fit. They did fit, however they were not only $120 more than the new 68 ball joints I had, but I can not return the 68 ball joints since they had been installed already. I told him of the situation and asked him how he would like to make it right. After many messages, he asked me what I wanted, I said $60 to cover half the cost of the new ball joints. He did not reply for a few days, so I sent a message letting him know if I did not hear from him I was going to start a dispute on Paypal. He messaged me today saying he would not pay $60 and do what I had to do. I started a dispute on Paypal and feel others on this forum should be warned if they have purchased from him that he will not work with you should there be any problems. After I installed the 71-72 ball joints & spindles, I also found out that I need 71-72 steering arms which are $34 more. Luckily, I hadn't installed the steering arms yet so I was able to return my originals. I have pictures of the 63-70 ball joints and the 71-72 ball joints in the spindle which clearly show the 63-70 being too large. I also have saved all messages from the beginning of this problem should anyone want proof of what I'm claiming. I'm asking for $150 refund through Paypal currently to recoup all the difference in cost between the new parts and old.

Long story short - Listed as 63-70, actually 71-72, will not refund to help offset cost of parts to make fit.