PDA

View Full Version : QA1 shocks

mdprovee
09-14-2004, 06:44 AM
I have purchased the DSE mini tub kit with 2" lower leaf springs for my 67 camaro and will be having it installed within a couple of months. I am wanting to put QA1 adjustable shocks on all four corners.

For the back, DSE said to use a 16" installed length shock. In talking with QA1, they have one option, a shock that is 13 1/2" compressed and 21" extended. The extended range is good, but only 2 1/2" of compression I am questioning. Is that enough for the street? How much does a typical suspension compress?

Do you have any suggestion for an adjustable shock?

Thanks, Mike

VenturaII
09-16-2004, 06:26 PM
What if you angled the QA1's to lengthen the mounting distance. I know its not the ideal setup, just an idea to allow using the longer shock.

MrQuick
09-16-2004, 09:14 PM
Hi Mike, don't worry about that,you could just make up the difference in the upper or lower mounting since you have to move those too.

mdprovee
09-17-2004, 06:21 AM
Thanks, I will go ahead and buy the shocks then... Vince I'll see you around November for this work.

Mike

Steve Chryssos
09-17-2004, 07:54 AM
Wait until the springs are installed before ordering the shocks. At that point you can get an accurate measurements for extended length (tires off ground) and at ride height. Compressed height is a bit more difficult to pinpoint. If you call back QA1 with exact measurements they will be able to better accomodate. They may move you over to a different shock model. They ship shocks in a coupla days so there's no need to get them now.
/Steevo