PDA

View Full Version : 1973 Pro-Touring build

pbradshaw
02-24-2015, 06:51 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Michael B. I am 13 years old. I was truly introduced to pro touring muscle cars when I met Kyle and Stacy Tucker of Detroit Speed and Engineering. I rode with Kyle in their two camaro test cars and I was hooked. This was a year and a half ago. After going down to their shop a few months later I came home and bought a 1973 Camaro. It is without a doubt a project, but I am lucky to have a extremely supportive family. My dad and I have been working hard to get new sheet metal mainly quarter panels and a trunk on the car. I was very happy to get some parts from Kyle Tucker at DSE that will be getting installed soon. Deep tubs and subframe connectors are next after the rest of the new metal. I'm hopping to do an LS and T56, full DSE suspension, and JRI shocks. Once it's done I will definitely ready to AutoCross at some Goodguys and also some road course time at events like USCA. Can't wait to get out there and be driving with all the great people in this hobby

andrewb70
02-24-2015, 07:10 PM
Michael,

Welcome to the forum. Some of our members can take a cue as to how to write a proper post...LOL

Andrew

srh3trinity
02-24-2015, 08:26 PM
I am looking forward to the build updates and I am a little jealous that you are getting such a young start in an awesome hobby.

BMR Sales
02-25-2015, 08:59 AM
Welcome Michael! You've got to watch out for Stacy & Kyle - they have some nice cars!

HPIcustoms
02-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Welcome to the forums, good to see some youth getting into the hobby at a young age.

pbradshaw
02-26-2015, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the welcome. Can't wait to post some pictures of progress and some events this year.