PDA

View Full Version : 67 camaro problem removing quarter panel

jpierson77
02-24-2015, 03:02 PM
I have a problem with the left front quarter panel bolt that is behind the door. The "nut" that is in the a pillar is spinning. I tried applying pressure behind the quarter panel the hold the nut in place enough to break the bolt loose but no luck. How do I get to that "nut" or clip. Can I get to it under the cowl? Eventually I will need to fix the problem to reinstall so I might as well tackle that now.

Thanks in advance.

kevincp
02-24-2015, 04:37 PM
Can you take a picture of it.. i think i know which one your talking about ,but i want to make sure it is the one i am thinking of

jpierson77
02-25-2015, 06:50 PM

Any ideas?

icemanrd19
02-25-2015, 08:24 PM
cut the head off and slide the fender off. With the fender off get a better view of it. Most likely remove the kick panel and grab the nut from the inside while someone backs the bolt out

MrQuick
02-26-2015, 12:12 AM
I cut a hole into the pillar (door jam) then weld the nut to the cage. Or cut the nut out and put in a new one.

kevincp
02-26-2015, 06:19 PM
Hey thats the bolt..uh that bolt has a nut behind it that is welded inside the cowl, you can reach it from inside, take the kick panel off and go through where the vent come in from the cowl it will to take 2 people cause it is in a bad spot. good luck, thats a tough fix but it can be done.

jpierson77
02-26-2015, 08:19 PM
I was trying to get the cowl off. Now the wiper arms are kicking my butt. Just not my week. I am going to try to get through the cowl first. If not I'll resort to cutting the bolt and drilling/welding it back togother. Thanks for the help everyone.