PDA

View Full Version : MSD LS1 Fuel Injection System #2950

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 08:29 AM
Here is a link.
http://www.atomicefi.com/Atomic_LS.aspx

Has anybody ran this or does anybody have any info.
I am most likely going to go with a stock computer but I thought I would ask for reference before making any decisions.

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 09:59 AM
Also looking at the Holley 550-602
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/hp_efi/gm_ls_engine_plug_and_play_kits/parts/550-602

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 11:15 AM
Personally, I like the Holley. The HP has 4 programable input and outputs that can be configured as you see fit. Not sure the MSD has that option.

Andrew

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 01:30 PM
There is also the Fast system. I like the screen that comes with the Fast system.
http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/gm-ls-ez-efi-2-0tm-self-tuning-engine-control-kithtml/

I should have looked into some of these other options before posting, but as of now I'm kinda leaning towards not using the MSD, and either using the Holley or Fast.
I'll keep you guys posted on whatever one we use for future reference.

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 02:26 PM
There is also the Fast system. I like the screen that comes with the Fast system.
http://www.fuelairspark.com/fas/gm-ls-ez-efi-2-0tm-self-tuning-engine-control-kithtml/

I should have looked into some of these other options before posting, but as of now I'm kinda leaning towards not using the MSD, and either using the Holley or Fast.
I'll keep you guys posted on whatever one we use for future reference.

The FAST uses a separate ignition box for the LS, while the Holley has everything integrated into one box.

Andrew

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 05:01 PM
The FAST uses a separate ignition box for the LS, while the Holley has everything integrated into one box.

Andrew

I kind of like the idea of them being separate, may be easier to diagnose if there ever becomes a issue.

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 06:10 PM
I kind of like the idea of them being separate, may be easier to diagnose if there ever becomes a issue.

Maybe...my preference is for a single box. Makes wiring easier and less connections (potential problem spots).

Andrew

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 06:34 PM
The engine is a stock LS if that makes any difference, it seems guys with big cams with high horsepower are having the most issues.
My biggest concern as is probably with most reliability.

When searching you see issues with both systems, which doesn't make the decision any easier.

One other thing I noticed is most of the reviews are with vehicles that use their throttle body in replacement of a carb, which is not the case for me. But it does make research a little tougher

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 07:09 PM
Another plus is that the Fast system comes with the hand held controller and is roughly the same price.
That's not a decision maker though.

It does however make me wonder how they can include it for the same price though.

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 07:36 PM
Another plus is that the Fast system comes with the hand held controller and is roughly the same price.
That's not a decision maker though.

It does however make me wonder how they can include it for the same price though.

Will the FAST system run your fans or any other devices through user programable inputs and outputs? The HP has that.

Andrew

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 07:47 PM
Looking at the FAST lineup a little more, it looks like the Holly HP is more like the FAST XFI Sportsman, except the HP doesn't need a separate ignition box. The EZ-EFI 2.0 looks to be a less features offering, but it's hard to tell what's what, because there is precious little information on the FAST website.

Andrew

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 08:24 PM
You are correct, there doesn't seem to be enough info on the Fast site..
I tried to zoom in on the hand held controller and it looks like it says fan control but I can't say for sure.
This may be the downside to the hand held controller of the Fast vs full data from the Holley system on a laptop.

Do you know if the Holley system uses one 02 sensor or one in each bank? I was told the Fast had one.. not sure if it makes a difference but it seems to have a sensor on each bank would be a benefit.

andrewb70
02-17-2015, 08:30 PM
You are correct, there doesn't seem to be enough info on the Fast site..
I tried to zoom in on the hand held controller and it looks like it says fan control but I can't say for sure.
This may be the downside to the hand held controller of the Fast vs full data from the Holley system on a laptop.

Do you know if the Holley system uses one 02 sensor or one in each bank? I was told the Fast had one.. not sure if it makes a difference but it seems to have a sensor on each bank would be a benefit.

The HP you listed uses a single wideband O2. You do have the option of using a Bosch or the NTK sensor. The NTK is more money and is not needed unless running leaded gas. Using 2 sensors is also overkill. OEMs do it for emissions. Hell, they use 4 sensors!

Andrew

Auto Rod Technologies
02-17-2015, 08:37 PM
What part number kit would you suggest I use?
I was however hoping to use LS2 coils if possible.
they have more mounting options using those coils..
I'm not sure if that matters to the computer though..

04 LS1 From a gto.
Edelbrock intake and throttle body.
Edelbrock fuel rails
Aeromotive in tank pump with return.

After going back and forth between the two it does seem that the Holley has more features and tune-ability while the Fast has the screen included.

It looks like I'm going to educate myself on tuning, but this won't be my last project getting a LS or fuel injected engine. Have to start somewhere.

To be honest, one of the things I liked about Fast was the fact that someone answered the phone. while I left a message with Holley in the morning and never heard back from them. So i was disappointed in that right from the start..

Windycity1
02-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Chad you may want to check one of the LS specific forums also.

Auto Rod Technologies
02-18-2015, 10:14 AM
I'm checking on LS1Tech as well.
I am starting to lean towards the Holley but nothing is certain yet.