PDA

View Full Version : Hochkis or Global west suspension

asahi1234
02-11-2015, 05:56 PM
I have a 62 Impala thinking about go with the pro touring rout. So which company has a better product Hotchkiss or Global west? Thanks for your opinion.

LS7 Z/28
02-11-2015, 08:01 PM
That's like asking which is better, T!ts or A$$?

It's all based on opinion and it depends on what you are actually going to do with the car. I would go with Ridetech.

http://www.ridetech.com/store/1959-1964-chevy-impala-complete-coilover-system.html

Hotchkis
02-12-2015, 03:27 AM
We offer a great selection of parts to improve the geometry of your Impala's suspension as well as conversion plates that allow the use of an air bag suspension. Feel free to check us out and post here or give us a call if you have any questions.
http://www.hotchkis.net/search-by-vehicle-results/?mk=47&yr=1962&md=451&sm=20&category1&show=all#10

cornfedbill
02-12-2015, 07:52 AM
As for quality, both Hotchkis and Global West have excellent reputations earned over many years. I don't think you can go wrong with either. It depends on what your goals are.

Give both a call to discuss what you have and what you want.

Tom Welch
02-12-2015, 10:35 AM
we have installed the Hotchkis TVS suspension on a customer's 65 Malibu, very nice, no issues. We have also used Global West suspension bushings also very nice, SPC control arms are our favorite choice due to adjustability, I personally like flex-form composite leaf springs as well as Guldstrand leaf and and coil springs. We have used Speedtech and Proforged parts as well. My point is, all of these vendors make good parts and will help you tailor your suspension to your liking. Several hours spend studying the subject will make your choices a lot clearer to you.

Later-A-body
02-12-2015, 10:21 PM
I have been running Global West components for years and have always been very happy. Speak to Doug at GW. They have a '63 Impala at the shop every time I go there so I'm sure you will get all your questions answered.