PDA

View Full Version : OEM Sway bars?

vette427-sbc
02-06-2015, 02:41 PM
Im looking for a swaybar to use for my rear suspension. A splined speedway style bar would be ideal, but I dont have the $$ to shell out for that right now. So Im looking for an OEM solution. Anyone know of any cars that have a sway bar with a width around 36"?
Unfortunately, the junk yards around here wont let you roam around and pull your own stuff.

Schwartz Performance
02-06-2015, 02:46 PM
Which car you working on?

Third gen f-body rear sway bars aren't too odd looking and could be adapted, but they bolt to the rear end housing as the pivot, and the end links are on the body. If you're mounting it to the frame as the pivot then it may not work.

-Dale

vette427-sbc
02-07-2015, 02:01 PM
Which car you working on?

Third gen f-body rear sway bars aren't too odd looking and could be adapted, but they bolt to the rear end housing as the pivot, and the end links are on the body. If you're mounting it to the frame as the pivot then it may not work.

-Dale

my '69 vette with a custom rear suspension using C4 parts. Its narrowed and the spindles are modified so stock swaybar mounts are not an option anymore. Ill look into the 3rd gen stuff. Thanks, Dale!
You guys wouldnt happen to have any used splined setups laying around the shop that you would sell, would you? :fingersx:

Schwartz Performance
02-07-2015, 04:57 PM
I don't think so lol.
What's your budget? They aren't much more than a bent one. PM me if you'd like for more details.

-Dale

024mula
02-09-2015, 05:28 PM
I know what you mean by salvage yard operators not letting you walk around, the same thing happen to me many times. So that is why I found this site.............

http://car-part.com/