PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody that sell a kit to move the shifter forward on the T56?

68LSS1
09-13-2004, 10:07 PM
I know you can get one this way but is there a kit available? Anybody done it? I'd like to shove the engine as far back as possible. The only limiting factor is having the shifter right beside my butt (which may not be too bad) and of course the firewall.

nkopper
09-14-2004, 06:08 AM
D&D and maybe Keisler offer a kit to convert a T56 to front shift. There was a D&D add in Hot Rod or Chevy High Performance showing a front-shift conversion kit for $399.

Nathan

Hurst - Jeff
09-14-2004, 08:39 AM
I know of one that is in production but it won't be available until about Jan.1.
I can't give any more details at this time but feel free to check back with me for updates.

68LSS1
09-14-2004, 12:43 PM
The last time I talked with Keisler it was the whole tranny or nothing. Sales guy wasn't to friendly but I guess you can get away with that when business is good. I'll give D & D a call as I didn't see anything on their website. Jeff, more than likely I'll be waiting on more info from you. Any ball park on pricing? Let the wife know what I want for a late Christmas present anyway.