PDA

View Full Version : How painless is, Painless wiring

DanT69
09-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Im on the verge of putting a T56 in my '69 Camaro and im planing at the same time to redo the interior. I have been debating with myself what I am going to do with the wiring, leave the factory harness, or go with a aftermarket one. It is looking more and more that, for what I want to do, a aftermarket replacement harness is going to be my safest bet. Which leads me to my question; how difficult is one of Painless wirings direct fit replacement harnesses to install for someone who has never before re-wired an entire car? Is it truly "painless" or will it leave me cursing? Any advice is appreciated.

TonyL
09-13-2004, 10:41 PM
my cousin did his car (a 57) with painless. it took him 2 nights. we did ours with another brand. it's still not done. and that was last year. we just did a camaro dash with the same brand (the name escapes me) and it sucked too.

my cousins wiring has labels on the wires! all the way down em! it couldnt be any easyer unless you paid someone else to do it. worth the money.

chevymike
09-14-2004, 07:15 AM
My friend and I our currently finishing up my Painless harness in my '69. Overall it's not a bad setup. I bought the muscle car harness because I wanted it to mount like the stock one, with a removeable front harness (like stock). I guess if we would have left it stock, it would have dropped in with little problems. With the way we modified it, by adding 14 extra wires in the bulkhead connector, it has taken a little more time then normal. Should be trick and almost no wires showing when done. Good luck.

KacyZ28
09-14-2004, 03:48 PM
I have one im going to return cause i found another company that does the entire harness for cheaper