PDA

View Full Version : New to the forum!

Terry T.
01-23-2015, 07:27 PM
And, in fact, new to the whole Pro touring lifestyle.

I am building a 67 Chevelle SS convertible with the ability of being able to have my family and I( I have 13 and 15 year old boys) learn and enjoy the autocross fun while also being able to put the top down and enjoy the beautiful weather where we live in Carlsbad, CA.

We are trying to do the build with performance and reliability in mind. We are going to drive this car a lot!

A little about the build:

The car came with a new crate Chevy ZZ502 motor when I bought it. Great motor and bullet proof. Not sure I would have gone that big but it is a heck of a motor and I have issues tossing a $10k motor.

Everything else was close to stock but the motor and a super aggressive, extremely loud Flowmaster exhaust.

Some of what we are doing to the car:

1) We rewelded/reinforced all the welds in our boxed frame for less flex in the convertible. Powder coated the frame and Line-X'd the floor pans and wheel wells

2) Complete Ridetech Level 2 coilover suspension system.

3) Wilwood 6 piston d&s break system up front. Wilwood 4 piston in rear. Wilwood master cylinder and new stainless /braided lines

4) Flaming River rack and pinion with new tilt column.

5) Built Bowtie Overdrives 700r4 overdrive tranny. I was torn between auto and manual transmissions but my wife didn't want to deal with the constant attention of the stick. Hopefully, the overdrive will allow nice rides on the freeway without the crazy rpm's.

6) Strange Engineering S60 Truetrac posi rearend with 3.73 gears

7) New Magnaflow "sleeper sounder" exhaust. I don't want my ride to sound like a Harley.

8) American Racing torque thrust wheels. 17x8 in front with BFG GForce sport 235/45/17's. 18x9 in rear with same BFG'S 255/45/18.

I am getting the rims "black chromed" which should look pretty trick with the GM three- stage red metallic paint we are putting on it.

Still trying to figure out what I want to do with the interior so I would love some suggestions. The build will be done in a couple of weeks and will be headed to the interior dude so please chime in!

In the end, I really appreciate reading all the posts during my build and look forward to any suggestions you guys may have.

Thanks again!

Schwartz Performance
01-23-2015, 09:16 PM
Welcome! Glad to see you're getting the kids involved.
Sounds like a good project and build list.
Let us know if we can help on any of the parts!

-Dale

Munssey
01-23-2015, 09:32 PM
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you're off to a solid start. Look forward to seeing updates on the car.

Terry T.
01-23-2015, 09:42 PM

-Dale

I may just hit you up for the Vintage Air system I want to put in. Do you guys sell any of the stuff I may want for the interior? Seats, consoles,etc.

Thank you again.

Schwartz Performance
01-24-2015, 01:57 PM

-Dale

I may just hit you up for the Vintage Air system I want to put in. Do you guys sell any of the stuff I may want for the interior? Seats, consoles,etc.

Thank you again.

Yeah were a dealer for a few seat companies, and the only console company were set up with is TMI.

-Dale