PDA

View Full Version : Parrot RNB6

andrewb70
01-12-2015, 09:54 AM
I saw this as I was looking around at some other things and thought it was pretty cool.

http://blog.parrot.com/2015/01/05/ces-2015-parrot-rnb6-the-most-advanced-in-vehicle-infotainment-system/

Looking forward to comments and thoughts.

Andrew

WallaceMFG
01-12-2015, 11:41 AM
Looks really nice, only question I have is how well would the system work on a non OBDII car? Would sensors be available to integrate it into cars that don't? If they do make those available, I think it will probably sell well

andrewb70
01-12-2015, 12:14 PM
Looks really nice, only question I have is how well would the system work on a non OBDII car? Would sensors be available to integrate it into cars that don't? If they do make those available, I think it will probably sell well

I doubt that any sensors would be available to make that functionality available on older cars. All cars after 1996 are OBDII and thus already have a data stream that this device can display. For people that are doing LS swaps, this data is also already available if using the stock ECU. I know on my GTO, which uses the E67 ECU, there is a CAN output, which presumably will feed right into this thing.

The dash cam looks sexy. You can also overlay various CAN data right over the video, just like on the new Corvettes.

Andrew