PDA

View Full Version : Orchard Beach Autocross

FScope
10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
Westchester Sports Car Club is holding an autocross at Orchard Beach in the Bronx, NY Sat Oct 15. All their autocrosses have been cancelled this year, but this one looks like it may happen. Depending on how bad the weather is, I'm planning on going. I went last year and it was alot of fun. The couse is ussually about a minute long. check out their web site for details www.wscc.org

vanzuuk1
10-11-2005, 05:11 PM
I may go and check it out but I not entering any more events untill I fix a few safety issues. Are you gonna run your camaro? Next year I want to hit them all . No pun intended. PM me if you are entering.

David Pozzi
10-11-2005, 07:51 PM
I used to avoid bad weather autocrosses. That was a mistake because we eventually went to the SCCA national autocross and guess what happened?

vanzuuk1
10-12-2005, 03:45 AM
I guess I am strange , I always want rain. I seem to do better and have more fun. When I first did the bikes I was scared of a wet track, but once I got over it I realized you have to do the same things just be super smooth.

Still fell on my ass a few times.

I looked at last years photos this event looks pretty fast.

David Pozzi
10-12-2005, 10:19 PM
You have to do your braking and acceleration in a straight line, then be very very careful when cornering, GREATLY reduce combined cornering/braking at the same time. Oh, and it's MUCH easier to get lost in the wet, the chalk lines go away and the course looks way different wth "lakes' on it. Airport courses are the worst since there are very flat areas and then some sloped areas that are way different.

FScope
10-14-2005, 03:59 PM
The autocross has been cancelled due to the parking lot being under water. maybe next sunday.