PDA

View Full Version : QA1 Coilovers Big Block Or Small Block?

79TransAm
10-11-2005, 04:51 PM
I'm gonna be getting the QA1 coilovers but heres my question which would be better to get and why? BB or SB? It's gonna have a 400 bored, turbo and what not, but i plan shaving weight with Tub UCA & LCA's possibly fiberglass shaker hood(cant find anyone who makes fiberglass turbo hood.) and placing battery in trunk. Which would be better and why?

baz67
10-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I would say go with the big block springs.

Yes, you are losing some weight by going with a glass hood. I would bet that the tubular control arms weigh about the same as the stock so no real gain there. You will be gaining some weight will all of the turbo stuff. I would guess the overall chassis weight would be about the same as a stock T/A.

The rates of the QA1 kit, assuming the 2nd gen kit is close to the 1st gen, are a little soft for a PT car. I beleive that they are a progressive spring as well so the will feel softer until you compress the suspension more with spirited driving.

10Seconds
10-12-2005, 07:39 PM
What made you decide to go with the QA1 coilovers? I have been trying to get input here on what coilovers to go with but so far no luck. So if there is a reason for your decisions, please, share. Thanks.