PDA

View Full Version : Lee steering box

Shootstraight
01-09-2015, 06:48 PM
So don't see a section for steering questions so here goes. Anyone know the adapter sizes for Lee 670 steering box, I know their metric but don't know what size. I've tried Lee but Tom hasn't gotten back with me. Any help would be great.

csouth
01-14-2015, 10:57 AM
This should be in suspension... Did you call or email? I would say I have gotten ahold of him 80% of the time when I called him. He sells the complete kit with rag joint and the fittings you need for the steering box on his site. You could Just order the fittings from him and prob get the rag joint cheaper locally from what I hear.

Shootstraight
01-14-2015, 03:37 PM
This should be in suspension... Did you call or email? I would say I have gotten ahold of him 80% of the time when I called him. He sells the complete kit with rag joint and the fittings you need for the steering box on his site. You could Just order the fittings from him and prob get the rag joint cheaper locally from what I hear.

I spoke with Tom a couple weeks ago but he never got back with me, said he would check an invoice to see if they were included. He sounded bad, depressed almost. Turns out he closed up Dec 31st, so I'm still trying to figure it out.

I have the rag joint, and now I believe this is a Delphi 670 box and uses 18 and 16mm fittings with an o ring. At least that's what I saw on another site, found some fittings and figured I'd try them, we will see when they get here.

wendell
01-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Lee currently doesn't have the retrofit rag joint but is shipping the ferrules. Not sure how to get one independently ( I haven't looked at the column vs steering box).

csouth
01-14-2015, 06:33 PM
I spoke with Tom a couple weeks ago but he never got back with me, said he would check an invoice to see if they were included. He sounded bad, depressed almost. Turns out he closed up Dec 31st, so I'm still trying to figure it out.

I have the rag joint, and now I believe this is a Delphi 670 box and uses 18 and 16mm fittings with an o ring. At least that's what I saw on another site, found some fittings and figured I'd try them, we will see when they get here.

He closed for good? I'm pretty sure those are the fittings for the 670 box

Lee currently doesn't have the retrofit rag joint but is shipping the ferrules. Not sure how to get one independently ( I haven't looked at the column vs steering box).

The ragjoint is Dorman 31011

Skip Fix
01-14-2015, 08:42 PM
Talked to Tom yesterday, said he had a stroke awhile back and still having trouble talking.

wendell
01-15-2015, 04:35 AM
That's a shame but I can say that I've talked with other people there and done business with them since the start of the year.
Thanks for the PN of therag joint.

csouth
01-15-2015, 06:08 AM
Talked to Tom yesterday, said he had a stroke awhile back and still having trouble talking.

Wow! We have to pray for his recovery. He was always nice when talking to him on the phone.