PDA

View Full Version : Hood Problem

sonicblue70
10-11-2005, 01:41 PM
I have a harwood fiberglass hood on my car and anytime I get up to speed (above 80) the left front corner starts to lift. Does anyone know what may be causing this. I thought about getting new hinges but I don't know if that will help anything. I DO NOT want to put hood pins in my car so I would like to fiqure this out.

Thanks,
Corey

toxicz28
10-11-2005, 02:08 PM
It's probably safe to say that the right side is lifting also, you just can't see it from the drivers seat. Hinges will no help. I've had this problem before, and like you, I refused to use pins. My only other option was to get a factory plastic hood ('82-'92 Camaro) and graft a different fiberglass hood scoop to it. Or you could go back to a steel hood.

sonicblue70
10-12-2005, 04:50 AM
No, the right side is fine and it is not like it is just pulling up as I am driving when I slow down I have to get out and push down on the rear of the hood at the hinge and push the hood back down.

MrQuick
10-17-2005, 11:35 AM
Check to see if the rubber bumpers are adjusted right, worn out or just plain missing.
The hood latch should pull the hood down slightly with some resistance from hood the hood bumpers. Adjust the corner heights with the bumpers.
I would run some sort of hood retension device with a glass one, just for safetys sake.

Travis B
10-17-2005, 11:43 AM
Is it a show finish underside hood ??????????? I would glass an additional steel brace to the bottome side!!! if it is show finifh hood that might not be acceptable! :dunno: