PDA

View Full Version : Anvil Auto

68vert
01-04-2015, 06:10 PM
This is not a post to rip Anvil Auto but to share my story plus, I'd like to hear about other member experiences with purchasing new parts (non-blems) from Anvil. Also some opinions will be greatly appreciated.

My experience
I originally placed an order on May 6th 2013 for a rear deck lid, cowl hood, cowl panel, and rear deck lid spoiler for my 68 Camaro. I mainly been corresponding with Manal and she is always pleasant. I even stopped by to check out some of their parts when I was in the area. My cowl panel shipped 10/13. On 3/14 I received an email and invoice stating my hood and spoiler have arrived and to submit final payment. After some email exchanges, it appears they were unable to ship my hood and spoiler. To this date, I received my cowl panel which was a first quality part. Accepted blems of my hood and trunk lid because I needed those parts to fit my fenders and quarter panels. My spoiler is still outstanding. Over the last several weeks, I've emailed twice and left several voicemails with 1 return call and no clear answers on when my order will be filled in its entirety. I'm not in a rush to get my spoiler but waiting over 1-1/2 years seems excessive. I've always been cordial and I believe this proves I'm patient but at this point, I'm getting concerned for several reasons. During most of our conversations, Anvil has even thanked me for my understanding and stating "not all of our customers have been so kind".

Is this wait for Anvil parts typical? Should I continue waiting? Should I ask for my money back? Should I contact a Federal agency because I'm getting scammed? I have resources to an attorney in California, should I tell him to look into this? Opinions and feedback will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.