PDA

View Full Version : What to see in Torrance, CA???

Radio Joe
09-13-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey Guys,

I am in Torrance for the week on business and would like to know what I should check out after about 5pm. I know alot of you guys live out this way so... What do ya suggest? I leave early Saturday morning.

TurboLark
09-14-2004, 08:17 AM
In Torrance??! I'd lock yourself in the hotel room with the lights out! Do you own a gun??

socalfandabodys
09-14-2004, 03:03 PM
Now that was funny. I used to wrok in torrance for edelbrock and hes right its not exactly a place to be at night. You might be able to check out the edelbrock plant on a tour.

Radio Joe
09-14-2004, 04:38 PM
Really??? its that bad here? I have walked by myself to dinner every night and walked hom ein the dark.... Maybe I should concider myself lucky.

Luckily I have a car now.... I guess I will just go to dinner and hang out in my room then. atleast the room has free internet :icon996:

CarlC
09-15-2004, 07:49 AM
If you still have the car and don't mind navigating L.A. traffic....

The Peterson Museum is just north of you off the 405 and Sunset. Great stuff there.

Friday night at the Bob's Big Boy in Toluca Lake (The Valley). Whenever there is a "Best Cruise Inn" magazine feature they are always near the top.

Adam's Donuts, south on the 405, has an early Saturday morning cruise inn. 6-8 am is best, after that it starts to die out.

Route 66 starts this week, and I believe the early festivities start Thursday, but it is a haul from Torrance.

There are some great shops, restraunts, and night life along the beach just south of the Long Beach Aquarium. I forgot the name of the restraunt, but it's the first set of buildings just south of the Aquarium.

HOT OHC
09-16-2004, 01:09 PM
Torrance is fine, geez. Every friday 5:30pm to 8:00 in Redondo Beach at Rubys Diner at King Harbor there is a car show with a 100 plus cars showing up. Ruby's is on Harbor bl. near the corner of Portofino. Torrance is a large city and you did not say what part you are staying at. Redondo is basically west of you, not very far. If you need directions let me know.

Radio Joe
09-16-2004, 10:05 PM
I didnt get a chance to make it towards the Aquarium because I had to work late and since I leave Sat morning and have to return the car by 5 on Friday night I probably wont make it to the cruise... Im gonna try though.

I am staying at the Courtyard by Marriot on 190th and Western. I didnt think it was a bad area but then again... what do I know?

Hopefully I make it, but thanks for the suggestions everyone.