PDA

View Full Version : Is it too early to order Driveshaft?

tonyvol
12-25-2014, 04:20 PM
Hey guys, I'm in the process of putting together my 67 camaro after a full rotisserie restoration. Currently, the car is a shell with just the engine, TKO 600 trans and rearend installed. I'm in the process of putting the rest of the car together and was wondering if the driveshaft length would change much when compared to a bare shell vs fully assembled? I want to order the driveshaft soon but was wondering if I should wait until the car is at it's fully assembled curb weight?

Thanks,

Schwartz Performance
12-25-2014, 04:25 PM
The only factors that can change the length from now till then are-
Ride height, rear end placement front to back and pinion angle (if you have adjustable 4 link bars).
If you get all of this set and measure then you'll be golden.

-Dale

tonyvol
12-25-2014, 04:54 PM
The only factors that can change the length from now till then are-
Ride height, rear end placement front to back and pinion angle (if you have adjustable 4 link bars).
If you get all of this set and measure then you'll be golden.

-Dale

Thanks Dale, I have Hotchkis 1.5 drop leafs and with the car sitting on all 4 wheels, the rear of the car is jacked up. I think the ride height is out of whack since. I think I need to put some weight in the trunk to get the rear to settle down some. What do you think?

TheJDMan
12-25-2014, 05:43 PM
IMO, I think you would be wise to wait till you have the car setting closer to where you want it before ordering a DS.

tonyvol
12-25-2014, 05:46 PM
IMO, I think you would be wise to wait till you have the car setting closer to where you want it before ordering a DS.

Ok, I will. Thanks for the help guys.

Schwartz Performance
12-25-2014, 09:10 PM
If you won't be driving the car for a bit, may as well wait till you get the weight on it like you said.
It likely won't change the length by more than 1/4" but if you can wait then might as well ;)

-Dale

tonyvol
12-26-2014, 05:29 AM
If you won't be driving the car for a bit, may as well wait till you get the weight on it like you said.
It likely won't change the length by more than 1/4" but if you can wait then might as well ;)

-Dale

Thanks again for the help Dale.