PDA

View Full Version : Lowering blocks and springs good idea/or bad?

Andrew McBride
09-13-2004, 06:25 PM
Well I am wondering whether or not to use lowering blocks on my 68. With the leafs being in good shape I would rather use them, but it may lead to buying drop leafs.

Also, what would you recommend using to drop the front? I am using stock spindles and was thinking of hotchkis lowering springs. Can I use stock front shocks? I just bought a set of Monroe sensatrac.

This car is going to be street driven.

Thanks, Andrew

harshman
09-14-2004, 10:36 AM
This all depends on what you want to do with the car. For all out performance for the rear I’d look at the cat 5 springs from global west. To get the perfect ride height, go with lowering blocks - moderately -no more than 1".

Front check out guldstrand.com for ideas and spring rates.

Andrew McBride
09-15-2004, 12:00 PM
global west springs seem pricey. 800 bucks? I am thinking hotchkis 2" drop on rear, and the front drop coil springs. Can I use stock shocks with these coils?

Andrew

Ralph LoGrasso
09-15-2004, 12:01 PM
Check out the DSE leafs as well, they come in 2 or 3" drops.

Stu Seitz
09-15-2004, 12:52 PM
This is a little of topic but I just finished installing cat 5 spring and del-a-lum bushings from global west and DAMN! Those things are stiff. Granted I'm only about 170lb but when I jumped on the bumber the car hardly move, and the tiny bit it did move it stoped instanly without shocks installed. Mabye I'm just new to this kinda stuff but damn i can't wait to drive it.

harshman
09-15-2004, 01:14 PM
This is a little of topic but I just finished installing cat 5 spring and del-a-lum bushings from global west and DAMN! Those things are stiff. Granted I'm only about 170lb but when I jumped on the bumber the car hardly move, and the tiny bit it did move it stoped instanly without shocks installed. Mabye I'm just new to this kinda stuff but damn i can't wait to drive it.
That’s what I’ve been told about 'em. Plain bad ass.

Hey Andrew - before you buy anything, do lots of research and ask all the stupid questions that you can come up with. Do it right the first time so that you can spend future money on other items. Mainly, don't get in a hurry.