PDA

View Full Version : Chev style 800 CFM quadrajet and MSD Ignition setup

SSLance
12-21-2014, 07:53 AM
I'm looking for a complete, in running condition, Chevrolet style fuel inlet 800 CFM Quadrajet with an electric choke setup as well as a MSD distributor and MSD 6AL and coil.

With all of the EFI conversions done over the years, surely there are some take off Q-Jets and distributors laying around. Let me know what you have available. I'm looking to upgrade from my CCC Q-Jet and Dist but would like to keep the rest of my fuel system intact, hence needing the Chev style fuel inlet body.

Will consider rebuildable cores for the right deal.

Please reply back in this thread, PM me here or email LSVLance at gmail dot com.

andrewb70
12-21-2014, 09:50 AM
Lance,

I have either a 6A or 6AL box hanging on the fender of my Cougar project. Make me an offer and I'll go to the storage unit and see exactly what it is and take some pictures.

Andrew

SSLance
12-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Thanks Andrew, do you know any history on it? Was the car running when you picked it up?

andrewb70
12-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Thanks Andrew, do you know any history on it? Was the car running when you picked it up?

It definitely ran and I helped to install it about 10 years ago. I just don't recall if it had the rev limiter or not. I'll go and take some pictures tomorrow. It's clean since the car was always stored inside.

Andrew

SSLance
12-22-2014, 09:20 AM
Andrew, I found a 6AL-2 Programmable box here locally that will work better for me. Thanks for looking and thinking of me though.

I think I've found everything I need except a distributor...

Looking for a MSD Pro-Billet 85551 if anyone has one laying around.