PDA

View Full Version : Billet Rides 68 Firebird

Billetrides
12-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Hello Everyone!!!

I am new to the world of forum's, threads and especially the Pro-touring site so bare with me if while I get used to things.

I have a 1968 Firebird that I have been building for the last 16 years which started when the pro-touring idea just came to the surface. I was inspired by Kyle Tucker at Detroit Speed when he built the Twister Camaro prior to when he started the DSE company and lived in Detroit. When I bought my car it was rusted to the ground and the only exterior panel that was salvaged was the roof. After 2 years of metal work on nights and weekends it finally went to paint. All of the work except for the paint work and stitching the leather up was completed by me. My car has seen many different levels of completion, the first version was completed in 2007 when it was featured in High Performance Pontiac Magazine and also picked up by Hot Rod magazine in October of 2007.

Since then I have redesigned a large majority of the car when I was inspired by the Ring Brothers Razor Camaro from several years ago. When I saw the Razor Camaro it set off numerous ideas that resulted in dozens of custom billet parts and new design elements of the car. I redesigned the engine compartment with several custom fasteners and new billet pieces and most of the interior as well. The most ambitious project that I have completed was probably my one piece fiberglass headliner and overhead console which took me a year to complete. All of these visions resulted in my creation of my start up project Billet Rides which manufactures billet side view mirrors, billet fender braces and billet 5 3/4" headlight rings that I feature on my car. I am attaching a few links and pictures if anyone is interested in my car. Please feel free to contact me at [email protected] or through here.

http://www.hotrod.com/cars/featured/hppp-0710-1968-pontiac-firebird/

http://www.billetrides.com/gallery.html

Hope that everyone has a great week,

Doug

no go nova
12-16-2014, 08:57 AM
Looks good love the billet details.

Billetrides
12-16-2014, 09:24 AM
Thanks no go nova. I have tried to be as detailed as possible with the billet accessories without getting too crazy.

cdoggy81
12-16-2014, 09:35 AM
Looking good buddy & welcome to the PT world :-]

BMR Sales
12-17-2014, 08:38 AM
Welcome from down Tampa way! Gorgeous Car!