PDA

View Full Version : tko swap crossmember problem

Z4MYBOYS
10-09-2005, 04:55 PM
I just swapped out my motor any trans today. I purchased the tranny from kiesler. The car is a 71 z and the cross member is longer than my stock member and the new one is approximately 1" short of reaching the trans mount and that is if new holes are drilled. I was told this was an exact swap and never heard of this complication. Is it possible that I was sent the wrong cross member? Has anyone else installed this set up and did your member bolt right up? I figured i would make the post considering i cannot contact them until tomorrow.

PKNMCLE
10-09-2005, 08:09 PM
I have a 70 camaro, tko 600 ,stock cross member moved back 1 bolt hole , drilled another works great. PKNMCLE

CAMAROBOY69
10-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Did you talk to the people that made the crossmember? Not only could they help you fix your problem, but it would help them fix whatever problem they have with the product.

Z4MYBOYS
10-12-2005, 04:21 PM
I contacted the vendor and apparently the cross member was incorrect. i did not know that early 2nd gen members are different than later years. that was where their mistake was made. the new member fits perfect without any mods.