PDA

View Full Version : Speedway G Comp nova front end....yes or no

Jedrattle
12-10-2014, 09:56 AM
Like the title says Speedway G Comp nova front end....yes or no? If no, why?
This is it....http://www.speedwaymotors.com/G-Comp-1962-65-Chevy-II-Nova-Bolt-On-Pro-Touring-Subframe-Front-End,99834.html

I have searched (I'm not that good at it). I'm trying to build a very low budget car. I have an engine/trans, and other parts. The suspension is killing the budget. The Speedway setup seems like the best bang for the buck. I'm not racing but I live in the SoCal mountains and drive aggressively. I would like to hit up some GoodGuys local events once in a while but its mainly a dd. Any input or ideas are welcome. Thanks

rchaskin
12-10-2014, 10:39 AM
Like the title says Speedway G Comp nova front end....yes or no? If no, why?
This is it....http://www.speedwaymotors.com/G-Comp-1962-65-Chevy-II-Nova-Bolt-On-Pro-Touring-Subframe-Front-End,99834.html

I have searched (I'm not that good at it). I'm trying to build a very low budget car. I have an engine/trans, and other parts. The suspension is killing the budget. The Speedway setup seems like the best bang for the buck. I'm not racing but I live in the SoCal mountains and drive aggressively. I would like to hit up some GoodGuys local events once in a while but its mainly a dd. Any input or ideas are welcome. Thanks

I have no direct input, as like being in the car, but I saw the Speedway Nova at Charlotte Goodguys this year.
It runs like an animal.
It did good there, and they have raced it all over the country this year.

Good Luck.

no go nova
12-10-2014, 08:47 PM
I say wait till they come out with the rear suspension so you can match the front and rear. This clip looks good tho.

ruggerdrisc
12-20-2014, 09:44 AM
I ordered this front suspension a couple weeks ago and it should arrive by mid Jan. I'm doing a ground up build so it will probably be mid-summer before its on the road. I'll provide some feedback in about 6 months... Hopefully sooner!

1966longroof
12-20-2014, 12:40 PM
Robby Unser drives the Speedway Chevy II in competition. And loves it. As far as the engine goes. They stayed with a sbc. It's a crate motor from Blue Print Engines in Kearney, Ne. I suppose they did that because both companies are only 2 hours apart. Any questons about the Chevy II front clip, and other suspension items in the works can be answered by Brandon at Speedway Motors 402-323-3129 (this is his direct line).