PDA

View Full Version : sway bar end links

bryant
12-01-2014, 10:44 PM
will switching from traditional polyurethane end links to heim links like these
https://www.pro-touring.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=106065&stc=1

be worth doing?
im looking for a small increase in the front sway bar rate and this seems like an easy way to get increase or at least a little more precise feel.

Carl @ Chassisworks
12-02-2014, 04:15 PM
We offer end links similar to those HERE (http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-1324-billet-endlinks.aspx). Unfortunately, we don't have one that is short enough for the Mav at this time. The feedback has been extremely positive. It takes out a lot of the bar deflection. It's gonna be a bit noisier and rougher, but also more precise. You need to decide what is going to be of most benefit to you. I would crank up the shocks before buying more parts, but that's just me.

pitts64
12-03-2014, 04:54 AM
delete

bryant
12-03-2014, 07:14 AM
are you saying to replace the spacer sleeve between the bushings with a heavier wall spacer or replacing the bushings also?

Ron Sutton
12-03-2014, 08:07 AM
We offer end links similar to those HERE (http://www.cachassisworks.com/c-1324-billet-endlinks.aspx). Unfortunately, we don't have one that is short enough for the Mav at this time. The feedback has been extremely positive. It takes out a lot of the bar deflection. It's gonna be a bit noisier and rougher, but also more precise. You need to decide what is going to be of most benefit to you. I would crank up the shocks before buying more parts, but that's just me.

I utilized the Chassisworks sway bar links Carl is talking about on a recent Track Car project. Nice pieces! The purpose is to eliminate links with poly bushings ... and eliminate the compression of poly bushings, which will in fact make the bar act stiffer in the initial loading ... significantly increasing responsiveness. Where the driver notices this ... big time ... is on initial steering turn in & through slaloms & switch backs.

:cheers:

bryant
12-03-2014, 05:00 PM
ive seen a lot of sway bar instructions say set the sway bar parallel to the lower control arm. this doesnt make sense to me because they are not on the same plane. do they mean have the sway bar arm at the same angle to the ground as the control arm?

Ron Sutton
12-03-2014, 05:08 PM
ive seen a lot of sway bar instructions say set the sway bar parallel to the lower control arm. this doesnt make sense to me because they are not on the same plane. do they mean have the sway bar arm at the same angle to the ground as the control arm?

Yes.

It's not a geometry thing ... it's a clearance thing. They designed the sway bar to have adequate clearance throughout the travel if the arm is at the same or near same angle as the control arms. Disclaimer: Not all sway bars were designed this way. So ... read the instructions. :lol:

OutrnNAScaR14
01-24-2015, 04:00 PM
I made these for my 79 Camaro from go kart tie rods. Pretty straight forward.