PDA

View Full Version : New inmate.... 68 Chevy C10 build.

no1udknow
12-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone, I'm mike. New to the site. Looking to make my 68 C10 handle a little better and be able to handle carving some canyon roads as well as the occasional weekend warrior autocross event. I would like to keep my build as cheap as possible. So far I have converted my long bed to a shorty, I've installed disk brakes, front suspension and crossmember, and brake booster/mc from a 85 c10 and have it all back together in working order so I can drive it occasionally. next will be lowering my suspension using springs, and maybe a new wheel/tire combo. Currently I am running 275/60/15's on all 4 corners, so I might consider going as large as 17's, but I don't want anything outrageous. I look forward to the input from the resident pro's here. my project will likely be a long one as funds are scarce with 2 kids in diapers. But luckily I'm a wheelin-dealin sob so I find my way in to things :smoke: I'm open to any initial suggestions or "first things first" ideas. At this point I have no idea where I should be starting.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

no1udknow
12-01-2014, 08:49 PM
I guess you probably want pictures?

Well heres how it started

And heres where I am with it now.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2014/12/20141009_150727_zpstjcec9ee-1.jpg (http://s53.photobucket.com/user/bobseventysix/media/68%20C10/20141009_150727_zpstjcec9ee.jpg.html)

please check out the link in my signature for the rest ;-)

Munssey
12-02-2014, 06:10 AM
Saw your work on getting the bed shortened. Nice start. Hope to see it out on a track in the future. Be sure to save some of the project for the little ones to wrench on once they get old enough.

no1udknow
12-02-2014, 07:28 AM
Saw your work on getting the bed shortened. Nice start. Hope to see it out on a track in the future. Be sure to save some of the project for the little ones to wrench on once they get old enough.

Yeah, That's another reason why I don't want go with a full purpose-built racer, I would like this to be a first car for my son when he is old enough. I'll let him decide at that time which way he wants to go. I'm thinking probably a 4"/5" or a 3"/5" static drop just to close up those wheel wells a bit, but avoid c-notching. then I might do a little more with the steering, camber adjustments, tire/wheels, and some sway bars.

no1udknow
12-18-2014, 07:51 AM
I probably shouldn't have started my thread until I had some money... cause now it's sitting :)