PDA

View Full Version : stranded at work!

Jasons68
10-07-2005, 05:46 AM
I was able to limp to work with bit of jump starting and pushing! I believe my alternator died or is not making enough juice to run the car along with lights and wipers and stuff.

I have a regular 3 wire with 12 o'clock 6 o'clock mounting bolts.

My question is this...what alternator has a higher output (100+) that would be available as an OEM replacement at the parts store?

help! Thanks

strangler
10-07-2005, 05:53 AM
I dont have part numbers for you, but if you go on advanceauto.com you can look at pictures of different alts. off of various chevys. Might help.

Jasons68
10-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Thanks
I know I can get a replacement, but if I have to replace it I would like to get a higher output for future upgrades like electric fan and stereo. Id hate to replace a regular 60 amp unit

essenge
10-11-2005, 05:04 PM
http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/delcoremy.shtml

read after the heading "Application Data"

I have a 74 camaro that came with a 10si (63 amp) alternator, and I swapped in the alternator from a 1984 Camaro 5.0 HO motor. It is a 94 amp with the same style v belt pulley and clock as my car had factory. I just had to change the bolt on the Alt. adjusting/tension bracket to metric.

If you have serpentine belt pulley, I believe a 1985 Corvette amp is 108 amp, and if you go to checker/schucks/kragen it will have the serpentine pulley.

Hope that helps a bit.