PDA

View Full Version : DSE wiper motor

nova_1972us
10-07-2005, 04:58 AM
Hey, has anyone bought and installed one of those DSE Selectra-speed wiper kit? I'm thinking about buying one, but would like to know hard it would be to install. Oh I'll be putting it on a 72 Nova. I emailed DSE and they told me to use their 69 Camaro kit. P/N 121401, they say it come with the rectangular knob for that stock look and it should be a direct bolt in. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

72novadriver
10-07-2005, 09:38 AM
I have their wiper kit on my 72 nova. It is the same as the 69 camaro kit, and is very simple to install hook up: You just remove the old wiper motor, install the new one, drill a little hole in the firewall to fit the supplied wire harness grommet, connect the wiring to a ground and ignition hot, and you should be good to go. Hope this helps

jpdeuce
10-07-2005, 11:08 AM
I bought the DSE wiper kit and installed it on my 68' Nova. The motor itself is a simple bolt in. Of course you have to pull the instrument cluster on a 68 because the wiper switch is in the top left corner.
I didn't use the supplied knob because it wouldn't match any of the stock knobs on my dash. Instead I used a belt sander to turn down the brass stud on the switch to match the ID of my stock knob. Looks stock inside now.
The wiring was a simple plug in also.
I have nothing but praise to say for the way the motor functions. I got caught in a light storm during the 2003 Power Tour entering Dallas. That was with stock wipers and I sincerely thought I might plow into someone while keeping up with traffic. There had already been a 60's corvette demolished during the storm. Ran over by a rig.
This year on my way to the Nashville PT stop I left in one of the worst storms I've ever driven in. Driving through Knoxville in the dark with the new DSE system I felt as safe in the Nova as I do in my new truck. I'll never build another without the select-a-speed. Its the only way to go.

nova_1972us
10-10-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the replies guys, I think I'm just going to bite the bullet and buy the kit from DSE. Hey 72novadriver, do you still have a copy of the install instructions? If you do can you scan them and email them to me or maybe mail me a copy of them. Thanks.

72novadriver
10-11-2005, 06:15 PM
Yeah I'll dig up the instructions, and email a copy to you this weekend.

nova_1972us
10-12-2005, 01:30 PM
Thanks for the info. Are you going to post to this site or do you need my email address.:yeah:

derekf
10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
I'd be curious to see them as well, but I don't know that DS&E would like having them posted.